Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Almost over...

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Our 33 nights away in the van are now down to two.

Been to Asturias, Cantabria, the Ardeche, Hossegor, Biarritz,Mundaka and many more places.

The Cali has been utterly fantastic and really has made the trip a pleasure! Weathers been great, loads of great surf, kids have loved it. Learned a few new things which I will detail when we return as well as posting some pics.

Now in Islares very close to a UK wheat beige 180!

Great to see so many good surfing breaks. Cann't wait to see the photo's.

Enjoy the last couple of days... and plan the next one!

Will do! I have worked out how to stick iPhone photos on FB but not anywhere else! Better pics on the camera which I'll put on the Mac once we return.

A few Cali points we found out...

Sat Nav has been essential and utterly brilliant. It has wobbled on one or two new roads such as San Sebatian so I will update but other than that, superb.
An outdoor cooker is a must have! We've hardly used the indoor one.
The Cali chairs must be fully unfolded; my wife's sliced hand is proof!
The Zonesleep topper has been great.
Getting boards on and off the roof is still a major faff (funny as T5s are seen as the must have surf mobile!)
Boards on roof also hit mpg quite badly; around 25 mpg (cruise set at 81) over 400 miles to the Ardeche.
Hook up hasn't been at all essential; we could probable have survived without it; just been used o recharge a few items and it makes the roof work much quicker!
Random checks by gun toting Spanish cops is rather terrifying!

Great to hear your having a good time Matt some good point's there I nearly fell ar#se over head on the chair :laugh2 looking forward to the pic's :thumb

we just did a couple of weeks in the van in cornwall (heater on quite a bit) and we didn't need to use the hook up at all really though we did hook up one night as we had it.

chairs are a bit dangerous like you say...

glad to hear the vans been good. ours was excellent in cornwall and we really appreciated the additions over our old t4.

Back