Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alpicool or similar

K

Kathrynandpaul

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
Has anyone got an Alpicool CF35? Any reviews on it or other recommendations? I'm assuming people plug it into the 12v plug by the sliding door? I am looking for a fridge for our Beach but not got budget for anything much more than £250. Need to suit family of 4. I know fridges have been discussed a lot but the recommended ones are out of our budget.
Thanks

I can only speak from my experience of Indel B fridges, which has been very positive. Personally, I would get a TB model that has been lightly used for your price range rather than an Alpicool. Indel B use high quality Danfoss (now Secop) compressors. I believe Alpicool use LG compressors but I don’t know how good they are. If you go for the Alpicool, I would check how noisy it is. You don’t want it to keep you awake at night.

That's really helpful thanks I'll have a look for second hand.

We had one of these - Dometic CK-40D - for about 5 years, before selling / replacing with Dometic CFX35 (works better with solar for us, as we run it 24/7); Fits under the MFB in a 3 seat bench Beach:

Realiable & very spacious, stores large bottles upright, only downside is that it draws a fair amount of power…so will probably drain leisure battery in 24hrs, but not an issue if you are driving now & again or able to hook up to 240v at a campsite.

Back