Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Altera Bike Racks

CaliforniaGurl

CaliforniaGurl

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone offer advice on Atera Strabo and Genio Pro Bike racks or alternatives thanks in advance

What sort of advice are you looking for? These bike racks are often discussed and you may find plenty of info by searching. I've had the Atera Strada and thought it was great.

Can anyone offer advice on Atera Strabo and Genio Pro Bike racks or alternatives thanks in advance
Genio Pro is excellent. It is heavy (aren't they all?) but I can haul it in its bag on my own. I wanted a fold-up one so I can store it in my flat. I bought the 3rd bike rack and it is very easy to fit. I don't have a phot of it folded own unfortunately, but it works well (once you've fitted the extender (2 minute job) and the tailgate clears the rack with 3 bikes on it. I can lift all 3 bikes and clunk the rack back into place on my own quite easily, which I was surprised about.
Hollands Wood 2.jpg
spolier bike rack.jpg
rack2.jpg
Rack3.jpg

Plen
plenty of advice here.

What sort of advice are you looking for? These bike racks are often discussed and you may find plenty of info by searching. I've had the Atera Strada and thought it was great.
Thanks i think we may go for that appreciate your eply

Genio Pro is excellent. It is heavy (aren't they all?) but I can haul it in its bag on my own. I wanted a fold-up one so I can store it in my flat. I bought the 3rd bike rack and it is very easy to fit. I don't have a phot of it folded own unfortunately, but it works well (once you've fitted the extender (2 minute job) and the tailgate clears the rack with 3 bikes on it. I can lift all 3 bikes and clunk the rack back into place on my own quite easily, which I was surprised about.
View attachment 93288
View attachment 93289
View attachment 93290
View attachment 93291
Looks good thanks

WARNING.

My Atera has just failed.

The plastic/steel clamp at the end of the rigid aluminium arm detached itself, fortunately just as I was parking up outside my local bike shop, not when I was driving at 60mph to get there or a 25kg bicycle would have been detaching itself with it.

There is an internal bolt in the arm that screws into the adjustable holding clamp and it had simply unscrewed itself.

Last edited:
Wow - that's worrying. Very glad it didn't happen to you at any other time.

I'd be interested to hear if others check their screws and also find them loose?

Wow - that's worrying. Very glad it didn't happen to you at any other time.

I'd be interested to hear if others check their screws and also find them loose?

I've often got a screw loose o_O

Genio Pro is excellent. It is heavy (aren't they all?) but I can haul it in its bag on my own. I wanted a fold-up one so I can store it in my flat.
Actually, not all racks are equally heavy. The Uebler i21 that I use is only 13 kg. Foldable, small and very easy to handle. Only takes two bikes though (30 kg each). Uebler doesn't seem to be traded in the UK, but I might be wrong there.

View attachment 93288
View attachment 93289
View attachment 93290
View attachment 93291
Hi @66tim99
Do you find the carry bag for your Genio Pro is a bit tight? I’ve tried all orientations but it’s really tight. The zip only just goes around the release pedal but is then under some strain. Am I being dumb here?

9AD1D08A-B03B-466D-B5D5-0045CEC55C55.jpeg

3F5D4D81-9381-469C-A0C0-1045CA5376B1.jpeg

Hi @66tim99
Do you find the carry bag for your Genio Pro is a bit tight? I’ve tried all orientations but it’s really tight. The zip only just goes around the release pedal but is then under some strain. Am I being dumb here?

View attachment 96090

View attachment 96091
I’ve had trouble too. That foot pedal is always at the bottom for me. I think I feed it in first with the number plate, then it fits perfectly…

Genio Pro is 19.6kg but can take 3 bikes (still max 60kg cargo though…so only 2 ebikes)
Actually, not all racks are equally heavy. The Uebler i21 that I use is only 13 kg. Foldable, small and very easy to handle. Only takes two bikes though (30 kg each). Uebler doesn't seem to be traded in the UK, but I might be wrong there.

I’ve had trouble too. That foot pedal is always at the bottom for me. I think I feed it in first with the number plate, then it fits perfectly…
Ah thanks. Done that and it’s fine. Thought i’d tried every way but obviously not. I must be losing the plot :)
Thanks again.

Following my senior moment :)
For anybody who has a problem with the Atera Genio Pro Transport Bag, here’s how it fits. It seems so obvious. I don’t think it fits in any other orientation.

9A10BD81-3AAD-4CBA-90E5-A09CB3EBFE70.jpeg

524310D7-EB1F-45DA-8833-B4297EF51844.jpeg

Back