Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternative to Listers Van Centre Coventry ?

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
Following yet another dreadful customer service experience at Listers Coventry I am actively seeking somewhere else in local area to do work on Cali when needed including straightfwd servicing etc. No issues with quality of work (they have a great experienced Cali master technician) but people on service desks are just not interested in looking after people like me who dont drive a fleet commercial Transporter. Or give that impression.
so ..anyone know of a good VW garage in south leicestershire area? And for stuff like brakes, servicing, cam belts etc ... maybe a CV main dealership / centre is not necessary? (Bus is now 10 years old)

Try the VW Birmingham van centre. Conveniently sited just off the A38 as you head towards centre. I have had no issues with them. Remember to ask for 10% VIP membership discount on all servicing.

Following yet another dreadful customer service experience at Listers Coventry I am actively seeking somewhere else in local area to do work on Cali when needed including straightfwd servicing etc. No issues with quality of work (they have a great experienced Cali master technician) but people on service desks are just not interested in looking after people like me who dont drive a fleet commercial Transporter. Or give that impression.
so ..anyone know of a good VW garage in south leicestershire area? And for stuff like brakes, servicing, cam belts etc ... maybe a CV main dealership / centre is not necessary? (Bus is now 10 years old)
Surely as a journalist you must have contacts?

No issues with quality of work (they have a great experienced Cali master technician) but people on service desks are just not interested in looking after people like me who dont drive a fleet commercial Transporter. Or give that impression.
From my experience that seems to be the norm; but as long as the van is serviced correctly it’s not really a worry for me.

You will get better personal service from an good independent garage, but obviously a service stamp from a main dealer can make the van easier to sell if the buyer is not local to your area.

If the technical side & the work is fine, I would stick with them & put up with the service desk. Far better that way round than a good service desk & awful when it comes to doing the work.

Try the VW Birmingham van centre. Conveniently sited just off the A38 as you head towards centre. I have had no issues with them. Remember to ask for 10% VIP membership discount on all servicing.
Just make sure Birmingham close the roof properly... Twice my beach had been driven back from there with one side unclipped!
Then they complained that I h8ave them a three star rating...

yes am realising there are some things I might need to go back for...and yes just put up with front office staff!
Thinking of going over to chat to guys at Lion Garage in Hinckley and check them out...

Back