Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternative to PIN 17 on the BCM? (MFSW)

hewittd

hewittd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
So, I'm in the process of installed a MFSW in my 2014 California Beach. Everything is going ok, apart from running the two additional cables from the white plug behind the wheel to the BCM and ignition.

Basically the BCM on a LHD T5 is a bugger to reach, it's tucked up high behind the steering wheel and the thought of going in there with a soldering iron makes me shudder...so, does anyone know of an alternative point to connect it?

Thanks

David,

BCM = Body Control Module

Think of it as the internal brain that sits between many of the vehicle input switches and output controls

Sorry no idea what pin 17 carries.

Hi - Hewittd - Did you get this to work? I am doing the same thing on the same 2014 Beach. Think I've got the 2 wires and MSW steering loom in place but no horn and no functioning buttons yet. Any tips - if you are still there?

Check the wiring diagram for core colours etc then trace the loom to an acceptable point then just splice in.

Hi - Hewittd - Did you get this to work? I am doing the same thing on the same 2014 Beach. Think I've got the 2 wires and MSW steering loom in place but no horn and no functioning buttons yet. Any tips - if you are still there?
I’m afraid @hewittd was last seen in 2020.

Plenty of threads regarding Retrofit of MFSW on the T6 forum.