Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Am i Mad?

W

Wondering Star

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
It's taken me over 12 months to contemplate buying a California to use as a multi purpose vehicle.
The more we looked the bigger the budget required.
The indecision on my part makes ordering a new vehicle to our specification tight on time.
We have specific requirements these being the vehicle must have rear climate control and night heater
I have been offered a Beech with the following spec, question is what do you as present owners think?

Beech 150 DSG
Light and vision pack
Media navigation
Wheel tyre upgrade all weather plus 17inch black cascavl
Bed extension and comfort
Heated seats
Heated door mirrors
Heated front screen
Programmable night heater
Front and rear sensors
Led headlamps
Awning
Climate 3 zone
Leather g/ knob

We have been offered 6% discount- is this reasonable?
My concerns are the colour- Dark Blue
And secondly am I best to wait for the new 6.1
Many thanks
All opinions welcome.

One thing you can bank on is that if you wait for the 6.1 the price will be even higher.

It's taken me over 12 months to contemplate buying a California to use as a multi purpose vehicle.
The more we looked the bigger the budget required.
The indecision on my part makes ordering a new vehicle to our specification tight on time.
We have specific requirements these being the vehicle must have rear climate control and night heater
I have been offered a Beech with the following spec, question is what do you as present owners think?

Beech 150 DSG
Light and vision pack
Media navigation
Wheel tyre upgrade all weather plus 17inch black cascavl
Bed extension and comfort
Heated seats
Heated door mirrors
Heated front screen
Front and rear sensors
Led headlamps
Awning
Climate 3 zone
Leather g/ knob

We have been offered 6% discount- is this reasonable?
My concerns are the colour- Dark Blue
And secondly am I best to wait for the new 6.1
Many thanks
All opinions welcome.
Do you want or can you wait for probably over a year for the T6.1 California?
I gather the Van will come first then Shuttle/Caravelle and eventually the California.

Excellent choices but I know the feeling of the £££s adding up...
Have you thought of Adaptive Cruise Control? With the DSG it's a match made in heaven. That upgraded our steering wheel too ( not sure if that's still the same now.)
We went for the rear camera too - worth it's weight in gold.
I haven't got a heated front screen, but with the auxiliary heaters this has never been a problem, that might be a saver, depending on where you park.
The comfort dash was a choice for us, which gives the 3-zone climate as well.
Colour - that's such a personal choice, but dark blue is nice.
You can get up to 8% discount from some dealers - where have you gone?

It partly depends on what you’re like as a person. I’m very much controlled by my heart rather than by my head. A colour I wasn't 100% on and a new model coming soon would be enough for me to let this one pass. I’d buy an older model and then trade up to the 6.1.

If you are more controlled by your head, then this seems a good spec. ACC is great, but not essential.

Was offered deal at Peterbough. No complaints with dealer, nothing was to much trouble for them.
With regards to head or heart, got the stage where it's now or never and feel sometimes you just have to go with it!
Just wanted to get opinion on spec and appreciate your comments so far.
If still available think I will take the plunge on Monday.

I would try other dealers for a better price. I ordered a similar spec (but ocean) in Feb for >9% discount. Autoebid were offering 8.5% at that time, but contacting the recommended dealers directly got me to 9.5% with no fuss or effort. I read somewhere on the forum that >10% is now achievable with the 6.1 on the horizon. Personally, based on much reading here, I’d drop the navigation and go for app connect, and consider the ACC. Good Luck.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/dealer-recommendations.25851/

When talking about discount my dealer has only discounted the vehicle base price 6.5%
No discount on options, is this normal?

Autoebid gives you discount on base price and options.

Reckon you could get a better deal elsewhere for a new van to your exact specifications

Nothing wrong with beeing mad , seems you are not allone ....;)
Welcome allong...

Have you tried Vindis, Huntingdon. Currently only have a 68 plate Ocean listed but you could try for a new Beach price comparison.

When talking about discount my dealer has only discounted the vehicle base price 6.5%
No discount on options, is this normal?
We got more than double that discount on van and options, but... for that discount we did have to agree for our van to be used as a road demonstrator for up to three months before delivery.

Hi Wondering Star (nice name)

It’s the age old problem, do I wait for the new model and pay more for it when it comes out or do I get the current model and have the use of the vehicle?

There will always be a new model planned, that’s how vehicle manufacturers get repeat buiness !

I can only speak from experience, discount anywhere between 5 -12% is possible, autoebid always offer competitive discounts and are a great way of specking the vehicle you want with discount already applied (no haggling). It depends on your negotiation skills and a particular dealer if you can achieve a higher discount.

You can configure your ideal vehicle on the VW configuratar, this allows you to save the ideal build details, you can then contact as many dealers as possible, give them you ideal build details, they will then be able to. Tell you what they have in stock that is close to or greater than your ideal.

Dealer stock vehicles are easier to assess as far as tangibles like colour, comfortably dash, wheels, awning etc.

If I were you I would contact as many dealers as you can, state that you can achieve a good discount from autoebid ( dealers hate that) some dealers will not even be bothered to return calls and emails, which is mad, avoid those ones at all costs.

Go see several, have a good play with the bits and bobs in the van, and gain an understanding of what you can live without or not .

In my instance I wanted a Beach with comfort dash, night heater and various other options, I wanted a stock vehicle, and a nice discount.

I ended up compromising on my colour choice, which in fact I now love, and achieved a massive spec( some of which the dealer didn’t know was on the van ! ) at 10% + discount and I drove the vehicle away.

Would I personally wait for the T6.1, not sure I could wait that long

Do I regret buying a Cali certainly not

You will get a full mixture of opinion on the great site, ultimately you must decide where to spend your hard earned, how and when.

Have no regrets

Good luck

Often the last of the range, in this case the T6 have more Options as standard included. when the new T6.1 comes out these Options disappear from the Basic vehicle and All become Paid For additions, as well as a price rise.

Often the last of the range, in this case the T6 have more Options as standard included. when the new T6.1 comes out these Options disappear from the Basic vehicle and All become Paid For additions, as well as a price rise.
And good discounts to clear the way for the new model...

I also think that that manufacturers have ironed out all the issues on the last model revision. When there's a major change to the design (not sure a 6.1 is...) there can be teething troubles to sort.

Thanks all for your replies, all good advise.
Have decided to buy now:upsidedown.
Contacted Autoebid for a quote was offered 7% including options saving over £1000 over the dealer.
Will go back to dealer, as they put the hardwork in and purchase as long as they are competative.
Sometimes I have the feeling whenever I deal with a main dealer they purposley make purchasing more difficult than it needs to be.
Have over come my stubanness to the Colour didn't really want dark blue, I guess spending 57k doesn't all ways get what you want.
But in the whole sceam of things I'm a very lucky fella!

The van offered now appears to be a four seat not a five
Are these less sort after as a second hand purchase?
Already thinking about resale!

The van offered now appears to be a four seat not a five
Are these less sort after as a second hand purchase?
Already thinking about resale!
Four seats are fine, more storage, you can easily get extra single seats for the rails.
Some people prefer the the seat bench, but it's horses for courses. Not sure that second hand value is affected, all are desirable :)

Last edited:
Well i've finally done it.
Ordered the following from dealer stock.
150 DSG Beach
Silver metallic
LED headlamps
F & R sensors
Privacy glass
Media Nav
Comfort bed
Silver arning
Managed to get 7% discount plus 0% finance.
Did'nt really need the 0% but why not!
Dealer competed with autoebid's 7% discount.
Only concern no towbar wiring installed, need a bar for carrying bikes.
Any thought's, can have whitter fitted but not sure
Of non VW parts.
Anybody know any decent fitters in Cambridge area?
Many thanks
Paul

Not in Cambs but a decent job from “Satnav stystems” chertsey, not the cheapeast but really good

Mad. Certainly not. I think you will find everyone on this forum extremely wise and sagacious. Apart from the Mercedes Marco Polo owners of course who are as mad as a box of frogs. I do think that the initial outlay for a Beach/Ocean/SE is scary but then you have to remember the very good residuals.

Well i've finally done it.
Ordered the following from dealer stock.
150 DSG Beach
Silver metallic
LED headlamps
F & R sensors
Privacy glass
Media Nav
Comfort bed
Silver arning
Managed to get 7% discount plus 0% finance.
Did'nt really need the 0% but why not!
Dealer competed with autoebid's 7% discount.
Only concern no towbar wiring installed, need a bar for carrying bikes.
Any thought's, can have whitter fitted but not sure
Of non VW parts.
Anybody know any decent fitters in Cambridge area?
Many thanks
Paul

Sounds great, congratulations! Was the zero percent finance a pcp or hp?

Make sure you take up the extended warranty within 3 months of vehicle registration, 5 years peace of mind

Back