Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Am I Missing Something???

D

David Willis

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have just spent the first night sleeping in my brand new Cali and there does not appear to be a black out blind covering the small window space above the fridge? The others, although slightly flimsy, are all working well. Just wondering if anyone can confirm this before I start moaning to the dealership....

it slides from left to right as u look at it

It is a plastic slide it is in the wardrobe slides out to cover the little window

Would love to hear the reaction from your dealer if you'd go and complaind ...
He probally needed to phone Hannover factory....:D

Funny you say that, there does seem to be a certain lack of Dealer familiarity with the Cali when it comes to any tech advice...

Speaking of the plastic slider - mine was fine when I got the van last year but at some point it has got stuck, it's now half closed and won't move in either direction but I can't see any reason for it - has anyone else had this problem?

When we bought our MY08 last year the previous owner said there was no curtain and they just put a box in front of it each night. They were quite embarrassed when I pulled out the plastic screen... Seems you're not alone in not finding it.

Speaking of the plastic slider - mine was fine when I got the van last year but at some point it has got stuck, it's now half closed and won't move in either direction but I can't see any reason for it - has anyone else had this problem?
Open the wardrobe shutter and have a look in, you can see the slider something might be jamming it.

Open the wardrobe shutter and have a look in, you can see the slider something might be jamming it.

As I said, I can't see any reason for it sticking.

The sale at Coventry were very knowledgable I had a full tour of my van and instructions on everything, sadly it sounds like that is not usual from other dealers.

The sale at Coventry were very knowledgable I had a full tour of my van and instructions on everything, sadly it sounds like that is not usual from other dealers.
My understanding is that salespeople at van centres are allowed a company vehicle that they drive around in and use for three to six months before they are sold, and they have a certain choice over the type of commercial vehicle they choose. If one of the salespeople at the dealership chooses a California, the entire sales force of that dealership are (or become) competent at explaining the California and its functions to customers. Of course, depending on the chosen model, the dealership might be more competent at explaining the Beach or the Ocean.

Back