Amarillo's top tip

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Order a cable with two eye's to peg between your van's wheels before driving away from your awning.

86cbfe7f407388659ed10accd09f037c.jpg

8318ce0779761ed5b944dd60f79b684d.jpg

The cable has a second purpose: to lock your bikes together and to your bike rack.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

and tie the van to a tree? no, no ...... they can cut it ... and remove the wheels and take them for a walk? ...... but it's awkward! ..... see how funny all the tourists with the wheels under their arms hahaha ..... maybe change camping? ......

I just use bright yellow pegs. Easy to see when aiming and less to carry.

That's a good idea makes alignment less of a gamble

I just use bright yellow pegs. Easy to see when aiming and less to carry.
Yes you can, but reversing alongside a straight line is so much easier than reversing alongside two points. And the cable I bought for added bike security when parking with loaded bikes in town centres, so is no extra to carry; the pegs come from the awning porch which is rolled back, so they are no extra either.

I've just returned to our site after buying snow chains. When I returned I had an audience of my wife, a Swiss couple, a German couple and a Luxembourg couple. Feeling under pressure, I reversed in first time. OK - a driveaway awning is very forgiving, especially when used in conjunction with a wind out, but it was very nice to be able to reverse into the exact same spot under pressure.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Last edited:
Back