Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Amsterdam - hotels and parking

L

lewisnoble

VIP Member
Hello! Yes, related to Cali ownership, really . . . .

In early December, 4 of us are going to Amsterdam for a long weekend in our Cali. Hull to Rotterdam overnight, 2 nights inAmsterdam, then back to Hull.

We fancy staying in some of the canalside hotels in the City, but very few (except the very expensive) have parking. One hotel that looks fine for us suggested a Park and Ride car park out of the City Centre. We would have no problem parking the van there, and much cheaper than some of the City rates we have been quoted.

But has anyone else got experience of doing this??

If it was just my wife any myself, we would camp in the van and get trams into the City as needed - but our friends would not join us in that arrangement!

All suggestions welcome.

Lewis

I go all the time, and use http://www.carhotel.nl. Great service they come and collect your vehicle and drop it back, approx 25 euros a day. I always find the park and rides fill up really early.

I can recommend a couple of hotels with parking; Eden has parking, and the one we tend to go back to is the Okura, but this is the nicest hotel in the Dam, and you pay for it. However we always book via Trivago, and get a £5-600 a night room for £150 including breakfast and full spa facilities. It is well worth it though and the best hotel I have been to.

Let me know if you have any other questions, as I go a couple of times a year, so know the city well, restaurant wise etc, and give recommendations. :thumb

Thanks, v helpful - I will look into this.

Lewis

Hi Cali travelers,

Have a look at:

- Amsterdam City Camp, camper place ten minutes walking from the centre of town. Not cheap, 18 euro, not nice (it's a stony parking lot), but the location is brilliant, just across the city ferry. Open all year.

-Camping Zeeburg, a normal camping, 28,00 euro, at the waterfront, bus and streetcar to town about 20 minutes ride. Open all year.

- Gaasper Camping, 23,50, very nice camping, in the green, but far from town. Metro 5 minutes walk, then 25 minutes ride to the centre of town. Open 15/3 - 1/11.

-Camping Vliegenbos, north of Amsterdam, nice and green, 20 minutes walk to the ferry. 26,00 euro, open 1/4 - 1/10.

Have a nice time in my Amsterdam!

Marc.

Hello Oli

You may remember you advised me a few weeks ago re Cali parking and hotels in Amsterdam.

Thanks - all booked now and going in early December, overnight ferry to / from Hull / Rotterdam - 4 of us.

On the Sunday, on the way back to Rotterdam from Central Amsterdam, we will be wanting to call in a a hypermarche type place for shopping - food, wine, beer, etc. Any recommendations?? In France, we usually go to Auchun or similar places for the pre ferry shop - similar places in NL ??

Thanks . . .

lewisnoble said:
Hello Oli

You may remember you advised me a few weeks ago re Cali parking and hotels in Amsterdam.

Thanks - all booked now and going in early December, overnight ferry to / from Hull / Rotterdam - 4 of us.

On the Sunday, on the way back to Rotterdam from Central Amsterdam, we will be wanting to call in a a hypermarche type place for shopping - food, wine, beer, etc. Any recommendations?? In France, we usually go to Auchun or similar places for the pre ferry shop - similar places in NL ??

Thanks . . .

Hi Im sorry, I don't go that route, I always go from Calais. My wives likes Hema in NL for shopping if that helps??

Where are staying/parking?

Hello Oli

We are staying at the King Hotel on Leidsekade, parkingat a Q place I think it is about 10 mins walk away - suits us fine. Overlooks canal, good value, don't expect to spend much time there . . . .

Lewis

Back