An amazing Christmas

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
That's it.

My grandchildren have come and gone. The last I will see of them until after lockdown, for however it lasts.

Yes, I am completely choked, but also privileged beyond belief they have been with me.

Apparently they are beginning to learn that Granny Jen led a rather exciting and illustrious life as a mountaineer. Two little boys sat on my knee tonight asking "granny Jenni, can you take us camping and climbing mountains?"

So yes, I'm choked up to the eyeballs

Merry Christmas everyone, let's see the back of this covid sh*it and let's see all of us camping and if you see a haggard old gran descending off the fells with two bouncing grand-kids, you know it's me.

Last edited:
So glad you got to be with them; that will probably have been the greatest gift of all this year!

Merry Christmas Jen and thank you for all your pearls of wisdom. Hoping I can bump in to you ‘bouncing down those fells’ in 2021!

Kate x

I appreciate the sentiments. Just look forward to those rocket propelled bike rides.
We never had children, so no grandchildren, but two great nieces who are fascinated by our cali and what it will be like (their emphasis) to have the top bed when they go camping with us (even if it's on the drive).
A three hour video call is not quite the same as being together, but better than nothing.

As usual Gen, a pleasure to read, yesterday I had my first hug off my daughter since she got married in October.

She is a teacher who has been dealing with some horrendous safe guarding issues in the last month and during phone calls over the last month she kept saying she needed a daddy hug' who knows when the next one will be.

We all sat around our dinning table discussing all the things we are going to do once we are free.

Gen could the family join you for a day when your on your cycling challenge?

Best wishes everyone. K

As usual Gen, a pleasure to read, yesterday I had my first hug off my daughter since she got married in October.

She is a teacher who has been dealing with some horrendous safe guarding issues in the last month and during phone calls over the last month she kept saying she needed a daddy hug' who knows when the next one will be.

We all sat around our dinning table discussing all the things we are going to do once we are free.

Best wishes everyone. K

My Daughter in law took away my itinerary when she left last night :)

I think we are going to all meet up somewhere near to Banbury.

The next 30 miles will be a 50 mile wobble probably :D

Best wishes everyone. K
Virtual hugs to all teachers, and to you as well. Take care.

Hello guys. After a truly sh*te autumn/winter (I won’t bore you with the details) we have had a fabulous Christmas. Good to be back. Steve, Claire and the Dogs

Back