Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

An AT tire 255/45/18 103 can not find one in Germany.

Flower Power

Flower Power

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Evaluating options for an All Terrain tire 255/45/18 103 (min) and.... can not identify a single one. Maybe an AS or AW tire with an AT like design and performance (like some Yokohamas) will be an option as well. Would like to have a tire which will not make me scared looking for a camping site off the grid in my 4Mo. Not rock climbing, but coping with wet grass, little dirt and mud. Any recommendations? Thanks.

That is a great choice but not offered in this size....45 profile seems to be not suitable for AT, I understand that , but thought that maybe some UK imports can be in the size I would need.

That is a great choice but not offered in this size....45 profile seems to be not suitable for AT, I understand that , but thought that maybe some UK imports can be in the size I would need.
Change wheel size to 17”. Possibly more choice?

255/55R18 is the size you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the websites of the manufacturers , if they don’t list it it does not exist. If they do have what you look for they will be happy to give you dealer adress nearby.
I found general grabber at3 235/55/17 103h there is not much choice for cali if you have 4 motion 204 hp. I believe 255/55 is too large , in Belgium at least not allowed on cali, will not pass MOT inspection.

Look at the websites of the manufacturers , if they don’t list it it does not exist. If they do have what you look for they will be happy to give you dealer adress nearby.
I found general grabber at3 235/55/17 103h there is not much choice for cali if you have 4 motion 204 hp. I believe 255/55 is too large , in Belgium at least not allowed on cali, will not pass MOT inspection.

That’s interesting. This is the size for 18’s that Terranger, Oryx, Hess and all the big boys shops recommend for AT’s. In BFG’s at least. Speedo will be spot on.

That’s interesting. This is the size for 18’s that Terranger, Oryx, Hess and all the big boys shops recommend for AT’s. In BFG’s at least. Speedo will be spot on.

you mention 255/55 not 255/45… what flower power is looking for.

RE 17"... AT tyre with the snow ratings... only General Grabber AT3 is on the market. (a good tyre I hear). Yokohama recently came out with Geolandar CV 4S 061 which looks like it could handle mild terrain but in their literature they do not mention that and talk only about 4S(easons) abilities and that tyre has one ply side.....like summer tires. Michelin and Continental (plus others) have some light AT tyres but not homologated for winter use on the continent. Not as many choices as one would think could be.

RE 17"... AT tyre with the snow ratings... only General Grabber AT3 is on the market. (a good tyre I hear). Yokohama recently came out with Geolandar CV 4S 061 which looks like it could handle mild terrain but in their literature they do not mention that and talk only about 4S(easons) abilities and that tyre has one ply side.....like summer tires. Michelin and Continental (plus others) have some light AT tyres but not homologated for winter use on the continent. Not as many choices as one would think could be.

Falken Wildpeak AT’s, BFG KO2’s, and Pirelli AT’s are all triple peak certified. Falkens are top notch as they are very quiet yet capable.

Falken Wildpeak AT’s, BFG KO2’s, and Pirelli AT’s are all triple peak certified. Falkens are top notch as they are very quiet yet capable.
Yes, true but none is available in: 255/45/18 or 235/55/17, two sizes German TUV and rim manufacturers allow on Cali. Yes, there is an expensive way to solve the problem. There are some specialty wheels (for instance Twin Monotube Project at ca 500 euros each) which have TUV homologation for 235/65/17 tires but still an additional TUV inspection (like your MOT in the UK) and odometer adjustments would be required. I would like that size tire and there are plenty excellent choices on the market, (Falken would be my pick) but cost is outside my budget or budget +.

Oz rally raids are available in both 17 and 18 sizes. Competitively priced and tuv rated.

Back