Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

And here we are…

C

Cali2013

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Afternoon All

here we are - brought ourselves a Cali SE T5.1, done camping and caravanning before, but this is our new adventure :)

done a few small trips in the UK to get us reast, and now we are away down to St Tropez for our our first big outing.

Managed to get UK fuel to get to the tunnel - in the pouring rain. Zero issues to get through Folkestone - it was too wet for any of the check points to be interested in us (no check on passports / no check on vaccine / no check on gas - phew!!). Straight in the train and set off.

into France last eve and drove to just short of Reims for our first roadside stop over. All went well and a decent sleep.

today Reims to Lyon. Another day of lashing rain. But we just went steady ahead at 67mph - 108kph. Used all the nice driver aids on the Cali - reserve sensors / camera / A/C front and rear / BLIS / DSG - 140bhp / Heated Seats / Sat Nav - RNS510 with latest map installed. I can see why a Cali is a fair bit better than a UK can and convert - we’ve had a relaxing drive down despite the terrible weather, the van has 16”alloys and vw sports springs fitted - seems a good compromise.

out for diner with friends in Lyon this eve, staying at a camp site - Camping Barolles on the out skirts. And then tomorrow heading to the coast - weather is planned poor tomorrow too, so we’ll take a steady drive and then things improve Tuesday (fingers crossed)

despite the weather, the Cali adventure has started well

We love a European trip in ours!
We’ll be on the eurotunnel this Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We love a European trip in ours!
We’ll be on the eurotunnel this Friday

Look forward to your YouTube video - where are you heading?

Look forward to your YouTube video - where are you heading?

Starting with Paris, then to Salzburg but after that, we’ve no idea

Afternoon All

here we are - brought ourselves a Cali SE T5.1, done camping and caravanning before, but this is our new adventure :)

done a few small trips in the UK to get us reast, and now we are away down to St Tropez for our our first big outing.

Managed to get UK fuel to get to the tunnel - in the pouring rain. Zero issues to get through Folkestone - it was too wet for any of the check points to be interested in us (no check on passports / no check on vaccine / no check on gas - phew!!). Straight in the train and set off.

into France last eve and drove to just short of Reims for our first roadside stop over. All went well and a decent sleep.

today Reims to Lyon. Another day of lashing rain. But we just went steady ahead at 67mph - 108kph. Used all the nice driver aids on the Cali - reserve sensors / camera / A/C front and rear / BLIS / DSG - 140bhp / Heated Seats / Sat Nav - RNS510 with latest map installed. I can see why a Cali is a fair bit better than a UK can and convert - we’ve had a relaxing drive down despite the terrible weather, the van has 16”alloys and vw sports springs fitted - seems a good compromise.

out for diner with friends in Lyon this eve, staying at a camp site - Camping Barolles on the out skirts. And then tomorrow heading to the coast - weather is planned poor tomorrow too, so we’ll take a steady drive and then things improve Tuesday (fingers crossed)

despite the weather, the Cali adventure has started well
Heading to Perpignan today / to a weather front over St Tropez (next 24hrs)

hoping to dip a toe in the Med