Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Android Auto System - Teyes CC3

S9 Hotel Cali

S9 Hotel Cali

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade the Cali's radio system with something a little more high tech. After doing a bunch of research, I'm really liking the size, look & feel of these unknown Chines home brands. However, feeling nervous about their quality etc etc.

The big brands seem to be super expensive or very small with awful bezels etc.

A lot of the reviews, even the European ones are very positive and leave me feeling suspicious at how much they approve them (my cynical side I guess).

I thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone have purchased one of these units and could share their thoughts.

I'm looking at the Teyes CC3

Weblink

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 10.41.01.png

PXL_20230221_100546049.jpg

PXL_20230220_205206217.jpg

I believe I have seen a few posts on a UK based installer that most people are very happy with. Be worth hunting that down. In my experience (not of head units) for unknown Android based systems, they go out of date very fast and become unusable.

I have installed this in two ‘05 Cali’s, mine and the only other Cali here in BC, Canada. The wireless Apple Car Play has been excellent. And it looks great in the console. Only two pretty minor criticisms:

1) The steering wheel controls don’t work; I even had them send me an upgraded control module but no luck. To be honest it is not a big deal. The controls are really easy to reach.
2) I could not find a way to ‘fix’ the unit in the supplies frame where I could still remove it easily, so it just sits comfortably in the frame; doesn’t rattle or shift at all.

I got both the front dash cam and rear camera as well. And I just ordered the TPMS for the unit.

I think this is the installer I’d seen. I’d be tempted to look at this option rather than a Chinese head unit, even if more expensive. Would work better, have local support and updates.

Thanks for the replies and advice guys.
I've end up investing a little more and opted for the Sony XAV-AX5650D. But it sounds like I'm going to lose my reversing beeps, as the fitter Halford has explained the reversing unit receiver lives within the stock headset unit.

I'm now exploring reversing cameras and how to wire these.

Would you guys know?

Do you have to hard wire it right through the van or can I tap in to the reversing light somehow?