Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Android auto users only

Teejay

Teejay

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I'm trying to identify whether my issue is the phone, Android, Bluetooth version or VW app connect.
I have an Ocean MY17, OnePlus One mobile running Android 6.0.1.

Connected via bluetooth only and calling out either via MFSW or screen, phone dials and connects.
Connected via app connect and Bluetooth using calls either VW or Android auto appears to call but never makes it. Mobile phone crashs then eventually reboots.

Any one else using Android phone and had the same issues?

I have no other mobile to test.

..me..

Using Android 5.0 on an LG G3. Using USB connection or straight BT - all works fine.

I've Android Auto installed but take it out of drive mode and then use the VW installed Sat Nav instead as mapping is clearer (not sure why I haven't uninstalled Android Auto). Use tethering to access VW Car Net.

Not sure if any of that helps with the diagnosing - good luck...

I'm trying to identify whether my issue is the phone, Android, Bluetooth version or VW app connect.
I have an Ocean MY17, OnePlus One mobile running Android 6.0.1.

Connected via bluetooth only and calling out either via MFSW or screen, phone dials and connects.
Connected via app connect and Bluetooth using calls either VW or Android auto appears to call but never makes it. Mobile phone crashs then eventually reboots.

Any one else using Android phone and had the same issues?

I have no other mobile to test.

..me..
Update:
It seems as though this could be a permissions issue on Android, my new phone does not have the crashing "feature".

I just posted this on the other thread about android disconnecting:

Does app connect use bluetooth? I understand the implementation of bluetooth on some android models is a bit flakey. I have a Samsung S5 and solved my connections with an app from the app store called bluetooth connect. One of its settings is to reconnect if the connection drops. I don't have app connect but this solved my bluetooth streaming problem.

I just posted this on the other thread about android disconnecting:

Does app connect use bluetooth? I understand the implementation of bluetooth on some android models is a bit flakey. I have a Samsung S5 and solved my connections with an app from the app store called bluetooth connect. One of its settings is to reconnect if the connection drops. I don't have app connect but this solved my bluetooth streaming problem.

It uses Bluetooth to handle the calls etc. So it could be the implementation as you suggest. The new phone has Bluetooth v5 the older phone will eventually become more and more defunct.

It uses Bluetooth to handle the calls etc. So it could be the implementation as you suggest. The new phone has Bluetooth v5 the older phone will eventually become more and more defunct.

Back