Annoying Squeak - Fixed

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Halfway down Norway, on my recent trip, developed an annoying intermittent squeak, around the kitchen/fridge area. As I was on my own it was difficult to identify exactly where it was coming from.
Once home, removed all the kitchen cupboard boxes, but still there and intermittent. Seemed to be only present when the off-side wheels were on rough road, not both sides. Anyway, had a look inside cupboards and there are 6 x 10mm bolts securing it to the side. 2 left and right cupboards at the bottom and 1 top left and top right. Of the 6, 5 bolts could be tightened between 1/2 to 1 complete turn. SQUEAK gone.

So check these bolts as a possible cause. Mind you I have done 50,000 + miles over some rough roads.:thumb

This was the cause of a super annoying squeak in a my brand new 22 plate ocean.

Thank you for sharing the fix and saving my sanity @WelshGas !!!

Going to check this out. Not a squeak, but a metallic vibration rattle even with entry cupboards.

Halfway down Norway, on my recent trip, developed an annoying intermittent squeak, around the kitchen/fridge area. As I was on my own it was difficult to identify exactly where it was coming from.
Once home, removed all the kitchen cupboard boxes, but still there and intermittent. Seemed to be only present when the off-side wheels were on rough road, not both sides. Anyway, had a look inside cupboards and there are 6 x 10mm bolts securing it to the side. 2 left and right cupboards at the bottom and 1 top left and top right. Of the 6, 5 bolts could be tightened between 1/2 to 1 complete turn. SQUEAK gone.

So check these bolts as a possible cause. Mind you I have done 50,000 + miles over some rough roads.:thumb
Checked mine today, small amount of movement in 4 of 6, so I’ve “nipped them up”. Thanks for your useful post.

Will try this. The squeak on my brand new 6.1 Ocean is driving me bonkers. It’s from the grey trim on top of kitchen unit between unit and window. Will let you know if it works. Thank you

Back