Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anomaly re amount of chrome as standard (Ocean) between brochure & configurator

Seaside Sussex

Seaside Sussex

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Wondered if someone can clear up an anomaly between configurator and brochure on the T6 ocean.

I 'think' the configurator shows much of the chrome pack as standard as it shows 3 chrome strips on the front (2xgrill, 1xlower) plus shows black B pillar on all colour choices (read on here black b pillar part of chrome pack?). When I spec the chrome pack, the imagine updates and just appears to add an extra chrome strip down the side and back only.

Whereas, the brochure shows the front of the vehicle having 1xchrome strip on the front grill and the b pillar appears to be in the same colour as the vehicle.

Is this the standard vehicle as shown in the brochure or on the configurator, as confused o_O

Many thanks

Jayne

My understanding of the chrome pack is "chrome" on the lower front, sides and rear lip also the B pillar blacked out. The upper chrome are there due to engine selection? Does this answer the question?

IMG_0818.JPG My 150dsg ocean came with only the upper grill chrome. You can see two thick chrome strips and one thin one at the top. There was no chrome on the lower bumper intakes and the B pillars were body colour.

I was led to believe the chrome pack gave you gloss black B pillars, chrome lower bumper, chrome to side and rear tailgate lip.

This is the grille on our van when we bought it. It's a 16 plate btw.

@Teejay1 it might be engine selection then that's affecting it.

Thank you @Days out for the photo, thats helpful. Yes I was under the impression that's what the chrome pack gave too but the configurator online shows the black b pillars as standard, thus my confusion!

Hi - first post, haven't had chance to post in the Introduce Yourself forum yet!

I'm also wondering this! We have an Ocean being built this week. We took another customer's order (who had decided to change engine), and they hadn't specced the chrome pack which I wanted, primarily for the black B-pillar.

Now if I look at the configurator, it shows a black B-pillar as standard. I wonder if because we're now on the 2017 model year, that they have made this change? Hope so!

Hi - first post, haven't had chance to post in the Introduce Yourself forum yet!

I'm also wondering this! We have an Ocean being built this week. We took another customer's order (who had decided to change engine), and they hadn't specced the chrome pack which I wanted, primarily for the black B-pillar.

Now if I look at the configurator, it shows a black B-pillar as standard. I wonder if because we're now on the 2017 model year, that they have made this change? Hope so!
Don't think so. Mine was one of about 6 at the dealers. It was the only one with chrome pack and only one with black B Pillar. They were all 2017 build. Sorry

Mike

If yours doesn't have the Black B Pillars, then the Forum Shop sells the requisite vinyl graphics.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-b-pillar-black-out-decals

Don't think so. Mine was one of about 6 at the dealers. It was the only one with chrome pack and only one with black B Pillar. They were all 2017 build. Sorry

Ah well, wishful thinking! Thanks for letting me know. :)

If yours doesn't have the Black B Pillars, then the Forum Shop sells the requisite vinyl graphics.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-b-pillar-black-out-decals

Thanks, I'd seen those so will definitely look at getting one fitted by somebody who is better at these things than me. Don't trust myself to do it, I can hear the swearing starting already! :mad:

The black B pillar is not too tricky to do. But you need to choose a nice wind free and dust free environment to do it. I takes mine in place first before removing the backing to get perfect alignment. The front bumper chrome I bought off eBay. They do rear tailgate chrome too.

Nick, What colour is your van BTW?

Nick, What colour is your van BTW?

Candy White - I see you're in Cheshire too so might see you about :thumb

I've seen the chrome bits on Vanstyle - so I'd definitely get the front bumper chrome, which looks easy enough to fit? Would also get the strip along the bottom of the tailgate, and probably the chrome rear bumper protector (avoid marking when the dog jumps up!). These are just self-adhesive - I'm guessing they stick on pretty firmly and wouldn't peel off or fall off easily?

Re the B pillar decal - are these likely to peel off over time and need re-applying? Do you have any close up photos of how it looks on your Cali?

Also considering the VW angled side bars - and possibly getting it lowered, or a combination of both - not sure yet!

The black B pillar is not too tricky to do. But you need to choose a nice wind free and dust free environment to do it. I takes mine in place first before removing the backing to get perfect alignment. The front bumper chrome I bought off eBay. They do rear tailgate chrome too.
When fitting the lower grille chrome strip ( I believe it comes in three parts) do you have to remove a clip-on black strip first which is already on the grille?

:headbang

Last edited:
Candy White - I see you're in Cheshire too so might see you about :thumb

I've seen the chrome bits on Vanstyle - so I'd definitely get the front bumper chrome, which looks easy enough to fit? Would also get the strip along the bottom of the tailgate, and probably the chrome rear bumper protector (avoid marking when the dog jumps up!). These are just self-adhesive - I'm guessing they stick on pretty firmly and wouldn't peel off or fall off easily?

Re the B pillar decal - are these likely to peel off over time and need re-applying? Do you have any close up photos of how it looks on your Cali?

Also considering the VW angled side bars - and possibly getting it lowered, or a combination of both - not sure yet!

B pillar decal looks pretty fixed. Doubt if it would need re applying. The chrome strip in bumper is complete chrome plastic part. The black one unclips and the chrome one takes it's place

Photo showing both chrome strip on bumper, b post black gloss and lowered on 20" rims.

Number plate is just for fun. The real one is underneath and normal boring series of letters and numbers.

IMG_3018.JPG

When fitting the lower grille chrome strip ( I believe it comes in three parts) do you have to remove a clip-on black strip first which is already on the grille?

Correct and Yes.

@Days out Do you know if its possible to get a chrome side strip (to fix onto the lower ridge of the doors)?

@Teejay1 I've searched high and low and can't find anything, so if you could find a link that would be amazing! :)

Sorry crossed wires, I've seen those grille strips, I was talking about the chrome strip for the side of the doors (as you'd get with the Chrome Pack).

Back