2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Like many, I'm confused!
My Cali was new June 17, so it's 16months old. Its just turned 14k miles. I've just had the 'oil service in 1000m' warning.

I'm thinking if I do the oil service I'll be back in 6 mths asking for the interim.

So am I best just getting the interim done now and hopefully not see them for another 16 months?

I know similar questions have been asked, but all our situations are slightly different.

Ours - came up for an oil change at around 15k (12months) so had interim service and looking like it will come up again at 30k (24months) when will get full service.

Hi @2into1 if you want to continue to follow the vwuk servicing shedual of interim/full or minor/major according to what your dealer calls it then go in and have your oil service done then ignor the inspection service warning on your dash. The oil change service and inspection lights that come up on your dash are inline with the European market with an oil change every 2years or up to 50000km (depending on oil quality) which ever comes first and inspection service every year the inspection service does not include the oil change and it’s just a check over if your vehicle. If you just follow the oil light and go with the uk minor major servicing then ask your dealer to reset both lights just be aware the inspection light will always come back on a year later. Hope that makes sense.

We had our first service at 12 months, and now plan on following the service schedule thereafter. I felt it was important not to leave it two years for an oil change on a brand new engine. I also had a snagging list of minor niggles to get sorted. My first car used to have an oil change every 6 months 'back in the day'!

I think I got them to change our schedule on the van - so it is 2yrs or 20,000. That way you don't get the warnings.

In this file you can see the different "Service" systems of VW.
The "QI" number is mentioned on the first page in the service book of the car.
"Ölwechsel" = Oilchange
"Jahr" = year
"Benziner" = petrol
"Diesel" = ....... :)

VW T6 Servicetabelle 2016.png Depending on oiltemperature, engine rpm and fuelconsumption (riding style) the distance for oilservice changes (flexibel). Under ideal conditions the maximum for petrol engines is 30.000 km, for diesel it's 40.000 km (with LongLife oil!!!).

Greetings from Belgium

So this means also that under ideal conditions you can do the first oilservice together with the inspektion
if you do 30.000 km (petrol) or 40.000 km (diesel) within 24 months.
After that the inspection is every year.

My T6 (110 KW petrol) panelvan is from march 2017 with 23.750 km today.
Last month the "Oilservice" came in te MFA display
In the MFA display I can see also the date (march 2019) and km (30.000) for the first "Inspection".

We had same confusion so spoke to Citygate , they agreed to device it every year no matter the mileage.
It will go to be serviced in Dec/jan every yeAr , oil and filter changed no matter what , it’s thenvready for any trips

Back