Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet France Meet -september 2017

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
After the sucess of the France meet a few years ago where we had around 15-20 Cali's turn up we are now looking to arrange another small meet in a similar area but this time the campsite is actually situated on a vineyard. The meet will be arranged in conjunction with one of our good Belgium friend @hotel california

The site we have planned is in a very central location within the Champagne region which would be a perfect stopover if you are travelling to the South of France etc..

Champagne Nowack is a loveley shaded campsite adjacent to the vineyard. The well-lit site includes electrical sockets, water connection, sewage disposal points, children's play park and picnic tables. The toilet and shower block has showers, sink cubicles, hot water and toilets. Washing machines, tumble dryers, fridge, freezer, microwave and washing-up facilities are all available for use

At the moment we are just looking for your feedback and if you would be interested in attending or maybe just popping in as part of an existing holiday.

Last edited:
Sounds good but I think the years are not right if you want us to cast votes...?

Not much champagne likers here....?
Been there just recent ;) and the place is great so are the bottles they fill:D

It would be nice to organise this in this year (2016 Martin :)) as planning it next year is a long wait.
As in France, july and august are very busy , think september would be better....
If there are at least 15 verhicles we could have the site + the accomodations for our own :thumb
...and it could be we can have "personalized" bottles!!!

Here is a link to the website
http://www.champagne-nowack.fr/index.php/fr/visite.html

Sounds good Hotel California.
Are you able to avoid the dates of the Weymouth meet 9-11 September, as we are already booked on that?
The site looks really great. Well done finding it.

Just a point, a lot of these meets are being organised outside of peak holidays. Fine, but this does somewhat exclude forum members with families of which there are a lot. It would be nice to see some meets aimed at these forum members.

Just a point, a lot of these meets are being organised outside of peak holidays. Fine, but this does somewhat exclude forum members with families of which there are a lot. It would be nice to see some meets aimed at these forum members.
That's a good point Larrylamb - sadly, I suspect most of the good / popular campsites would not be keen for a mass booking mid season. However, if we were prepared to one with less facilities and do something akin to what they do at dog agility comps (go to a site with little or no facilities and bring in portaloo's and showers...) we may be able to... But would people go for that?

@SimonB , we count that in , but there might well be people intrested in that date as they are in France at that time or members form arround (non-UK members) .
There are lots of newcomers from France,Zwitserland ,Holland ,Belgium....
For those it is easy to drive there as it not involve the ferrycross to the UK where all the recent meets are held.
For sure the most members on this forum are from UK and so the big events are held in the UK 100% agree on that
But i thought it would be nice to organise something on this side off the channel as some been hinting to me and also the forumadmins are behind the idea.

If it turns out the way we see it , could be a repeated meet .

Think this site is not fully ideal to organise family meets aming at kids amusement.
Not saying that kids are not welcome at all but think a real "family meet " should be held at sites with more facilitys like playgrounds , animalfarm , swimingpool,....are at hand.
And offcoarse a "family meet " must be in school hollydays;)

Last edited:
Count me in Wim,

As an Officier in the Confrerie Du Sabre D'or it is my "spiritual home" :D

Sounds a wonderful campsite HC, I hope we can make it, looking forward to more updates.

Very few campsites will allow rallies on school holidays, we always have a good turnout of kids at most of our weekend meets.

Count me in Wim,

As an Officier in the Confrerie Du Sabre D'or it is my "spiritual home" :D

There is still nothing sure , just checking who and when...

When do we expect to have a confirmed date for this meet please, like others if we are going to attend we will need to make prior plans.

Very few campsites will allow rallies on school holidays, we always have a good turnout of kids at most of our weekend meets.
Ok, didn't know that. Can't make the Weymouth meet as it's just too far for us for 2 nights. A family meet sounds quite difficult to organise.

Also very few campsite will entertain groups especially when you mention
VW camper vans.

Lol most campsites have never heard of a California

There is still nothing sure , just checking who and when...
I've never been to a meet before Wim, but we'll be heading through France and Belgium in September for our 2 week hols so will be interested to see what dates this ends up being. The wife isn't into the whole meets thing but if it's in the champagne region I think she might change her mind!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

We love the idea of a meet in La Belle France and will pull out all the stops to attend. However we can't give a preferred date at the moment as it will depend on when we are required to look after our grand kids.

High house prices = both parents working to pay mortgage etc = tethered grand parents providing regular child care. Simples. :headbang

We will come if we are allowed out to play.:bananadance

We love the idea of a meet in La Belle France and will pull out all the stops to attend. However we can't give a preferred date at the moment as it will depend on when we are required to look after our grand kids.

High house prices = both parents working to pay mortgage etc = tethered grand parents providing regular child care. Simples. :headbang

We used to have that problem and it started to rule our life/retirement so decided to put our foot down, we now go away as and when we please and we fit them in if we can ... you only live once.

We used to have that problem and it started to rule our life/retirement so decided to put our foot down, we now go away as and when we please and we fit them in if we can ... you only live once.

totally agree.

That was creeping in with me last year. Then I woke up, properly, about two months ago and realised that my life had turned 24/7 into looking after Mum, looking after grandchildren and in between the hospital trying to look after me.

Now getting back on track.

Life is tooooooo short Borris - just get out and ride