Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another sleeping option

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I wondered whether anyone else has tried this. Moving my daughter back from Austria we had the back of the van loaded from floor to ceiling - there was no way we could use the downstairs bed but there were three of us to sleep. We found that if we rotated the front sets, pushed the bench forward so it touched the front seats and put the back down it formed a reasonable bed with head towards the back of the van and feet on the driver's seat. Its a little shorter than the full downstairs bed but my daughter is not very tall and I reckon I could put up with it for the odd night.

It's normally just Mrs DM and me and we prefer to use the upstairs bed anyway so its got me wondering about ditching the parcel shelf and using the bed as above should we need to sleep downstairs on the odd occasion.

Last edited:
Good option , did think of it myself but we do not offten have the booth stashed that high...acually on top of the shelf there's normaly only our sleeping bags , front window vents and a foldable dog bench....
That metal rear shelf is indeed a pain in the @ss when loading big stuff in the booth

That metal rear shelf is indeed a pain in the @ss when loading big stuff in the booth
I'm struggling to work out a reason to lug the parcel shelf around if we don't need it for the bed platform. I guess it allows more load to be carried without stacking it too high but it seems to me that access is generally better without it.

Back