Ant invasion …

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
In the cover of the moonless night, a very persistent army decided to start a hostile takeover of our Cali. Even that we caught several scouts and agents every now and then the days before. We never got suspicious. And when we found out what was happening, it was too late!

The small, but effective and determent, army found its way up an old pine, over the drying line, across the clothes and things hanging on the line and directly up to the roof, where they settled for the battle under the rubber seal behind the awning. No way we could reach them there - so they planned …

They constantly moved a lot of soldiers, food, and other unidentified stuff. But our greatest concern was not of no matter, they never came inside the Cali - I guess they never found the good food (or wine).

We removed the drying line and within 30 minutes they found an alternative route from the ground over the pegs, to the awning and from there to their growing base.

They continued to build up, and in the light, that I did not have the tools to remove the awning, the fight became more and more uneven. At the end I took harsh methods in use and the total army was destroyed within seconds. The few survivors either escaped or was killed by hand. No prisoner was taken.

IMG_5544 2.JPG IMG_5545 2.JPG IMG_4888.JPG

The black army ....:confused: or was it the red army?
Good you spotted them before it got worse!

The black army ....:confused: or was it the red army?
Good you spotted them before it got worse!

They might have been in disguise. They were both black and red. Quite impressive to see how effective they are. Happy to live in an evolutionary time where they are the (much) smaller ones …

In the cover of the moonless night, a very persistent army decided to start a hostile takeover of our Cali. Even that we caught several scouts and agents every now and then the days before. We never got suspicious. And when we found out what was happening, it was too late!

The small, but effective and determent, army found its way up an old pine, over the drying line, across the clothes and things hanging on the line and directly up to the roof, where they settled for the battle under the rubber seal behind the awning. No way we could reach them there - so they planned …

They constantly moved a lot of soldiers, food, and other unidentified stuff. But our greatest concern was not of no matter, they never came inside the Cali - I guess they never found the good food (or wine).

We removed the drying line and within 30 minutes they found an alternative route from the ground over the pegs, to the awning and from there to their growing base.

They continued to build up, and in the light, that I did not have the tools to remove the awning, the fight became more and more uneven. At the end I took harsh methods in use and the total army was destroyed within seconds. The few survivors either escaped or was killed by hand. No prisoner was taken.

View attachment 24821 View attachment 24822 View attachment 24823
Brilliant! Pet hate...forgot I used to travel with ant powder years ago when we had the trailer tent!

Argh! We had an ant invasion when we were in Italy in May this year. They got up the hook up cable and from there inside the van. They were pretty much everywhere. We got some spray, emptied the van and sprayed throughout. We moved off the campsite concerned, found a few through the rest of the trip but thought they wouldn't like the northern English climate and thought no more about it. Since then I left a packet of opened mints on the dashboard - they had never left. As I type, they are walking about the dash. Not many of them. They are small and don't appear to be interested in humans. There is no other food of any description left in the van. Maybe they've resurfaced because it's sunny and warm.

We are going to Normandy for a week next Friday - any advice?

Argh! We had an ant invasion when we were in Italy in May this year. They got up the hook up cable and from there inside the van. They were pretty much everywhere. We got some spray, emptied the van and sprayed throughout. We moved off the campsite concerned, found a few through the rest of the trip but thought they wouldn't like the northern English climate and thought no more about it. Since then I left a packet of opened mints on the dashboard - they had never left. As I type, they are walking about the dash. Not many of them. They are small and don't appear to be interested in humans. There is no other food of any description left in the van. Maybe they've resurfaced because it's sunny and warm.

We are going to Normandy for a week next Friday - any advice?
Seriously try nippon gel, they eat it take it back to the nest, share it out and then die some time later. You can get a little covered container for holding the gel.

Back