Any good Bristol sites?

• Thread starter California Dreamin
  • Start date
California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Popping down to Bristol for a night or two. Any good sites in or around Bristol (or a few miles out if need be)? Don't want much, peaceful, but not as peaceful as an empty field, small stream running by, pub 5 mins walk, nice enough to forget London and Monday for a weekend.

Popping down to Bristol for a night or two. Any good sites in or around Bristol (or a few miles out if need be)? Don't want much, peaceful, but not as peaceful as an empty field, small stream running by, pub 5 mins walk, nice enough to forget London and Monday for a weekend.
Baltic Warf. C&C site on the waterfront. However, probably full as it is not a big site.

Many vans stay over night in the SS Great Britain (Heritage Museum) car park. Formally not allowed I believe as you can't pay for a motorhome or campervan on the phone payment system, but I can't find a regulation on the council site or any signage that states this.

The wardens finish at 7pm and provided you have a paper ticket, you should be OK. No EHU or loos close by but there are some, with a chemical disposal point, behind the Buttery Café just a 100 yards up the Quay. Does a good breakfast too I am told.

Good luck

Alan

facebook - campervan overnight parking ..... just pop in Bristol in the search

Many vans stay over night in the SS Great Britain (Heritage Museum) car park. Formally not allowed I believe as you can't pay for a motorhome or campervan on the phone payment system, but I can't find a regulation on the council site or any signage that states this.

The wardens finish at 7pm and provided you have a paper ticket, you should be OK. No EHU or loos close by but there are some, with a chemical disposal point, behind the Buttery Café just a 100 yards up the Quay. Does a good breakfast too I am told.

Good luck

Alan
It does.

Thinking about it, there is also parking on the quay side beside the Buttery. Access from Wapping Road behind the M Shed. Closer to the loos, but I haven't see anyone stay overnight there.

Alan

Thinking about it, there is also parking on the quay side beside the Buttery. Access from Wapping Road behind the M Shed. Closer to the loos, but I haven't see anyone stay overnight there.

Alan
I suspect you'll get a ticket there. Wardens always busy.

Mike