Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

any idea what the spare plastic parts are that came with new cali?

D

dave shemmans

VIP Member
Hi all

took delivery of "Sweet Caroline" and have been blinging her up and fitting her out. When I took delivery in the excitement of handover I didn't pay attention to what the spare plastic parts were in the rear wardrobe - two look like cup holders and the others are flat plastic pieces - any clues. I cant see where they would go.

Yes cup holder for the sink cooker unit top edge.

Plus hold down clips for the roof should the mechanism not close the roof fully.

All documented in this forum many times before and documented in the cali manual.

Thanks Alan for the swift response - much appreciated

And a towel rail plus a strap for fixing the underside of the table to a headrest, so that you can support the table horizontally over the bench seat: can’t for the life of me understand why you’d want to do that especially with the impractical fabric.

And a towel rail plus a strap for fixing the underside of the table to a headrest, so that you can support the table horizontally over the bench seat: can’t for the life of me understand why you’d want to do that especially with the impractical fabric.

I have to say we used the table with that strap last week for first time and it worked very successfully as additional worktop. We do have waterproof seat covers though!

Great thanks, very helpful. I cant quite visualise the table strap bit and as you say, why you would want to do this? Some clever German engineering and someone must have asked for a solution!

Some clever German engineering and someone must have asked for a solution!

I believe it is supposed to be reminiscent of the first VW California where space was even more limited and doing that gave you an extra kitchen worktop (but nowhere to sit).

I use that strap occasionally when cooking. You can use the kitchen with access to the sink, fridge and hob, and still have a work surface. And you can sit on your reversed front seats, of course.

Not had any problems with the Seat fabric. Autoglym has always worked.

Back