Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any ideas where this rubber bumper is from?

sebh31

sebh31

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Has anybody got any idea where this rubber bumper is from? I've found a couple in the back of the van.

Yep,

Probably the most asked question on the forum.

It fits into the wire mesh headboard at the back and is intended to act as both a bumper and a spacer for when the bed is down.

I have quite a few now. They roll around on the floor until picked up.

Some put them back, some don't. I don't.

Yep,

It fits into the wire mesh headboard at the back and is intended to act as both a bumper and a spacer for when the bed is down.

Excellent thanks for that.

I'll refit them now and see how long they stay in place.

Re-fit them? Not as easy as that sounds as you will find out. A bit of washing up liquid will help!

Im not sure they are fitted properly at the factory you need to remove the plastic corner piece and pull the rubber through until it sits in the groove then refit the plastic corner

So all fitted. I took the screws out and used some hand soap as a bit of lube.

Cheers

As one who has asked the same question, and replaced them in the manner described I hope you have more success than I did. They stayed in place for a few weeks then I found them on the floor again.

As one who has asked the same question, and replaced them in the manner described I hope you have more success than I did. They stayed in place for a few weeks then I found them on the floor again.
Fingers crossed but I expect I'll be leaving them off in a couple of weeks :(

Might it be worth prising up the side and putting a wee blob of super glue under it?

Tom

Fingers crossed but I expect I'll be leaving them off in a couple of weeks :(
They work as a spacer to Stop the Seat Belt being trapped if the bench seat is pushed up against the metal frame.

Luckily I still have the wooden version. The rubber spacer is screwed into the wood. It didn't ring a bell to me until I saw that picture.

Yep,

I never asked but now have my answer

Where would you purchase rubber buffer feet please.
They came from Amazon, due to bad (or good) editing on my part the blue text appears to be a hyperlink to the ones I got.
the full text of the description is
sourcing map 5pcs Rubber Feet Bumper Buffer Feet Furniture Leg Cutting Board Laptop Pads Anti-Slip with Metal Washer, D17x13xH13mm

They cost ÂŁ1.20, the Nuts and bolts ÂŁ1.25, the washers I had, but in total about ÂŁ2.50 to replace both of them and have some spares.
Installation was easier than trying to pull the original ones back through the hole.

Just cleaning out the Cali Ocean and found this in under the rear bed area, looks to have snapped off somewhere, but can't see where!

Any ideas!?
c0c91d151867197ccb1dfdc64d5418a2.jpg

The most asked question on this forum.

A bump stop from the edge of the boot board where it meets the bench seat in the "fully back" position. I keep mine I a box in my "Alfie's other bits" cupboard.

Sorry, I need to improve my search skills don't I!?

Thanks for the pointers though.

:welcome
It was so long ago.
We should do a hit parade of the most requested topics.
Why not a thread with FAQs, at the top of the page, and a link to the best answer ?