Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any recent purchases of after market warranty and recommendation?

BillyCasper

BillyCasper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Last year I purchased a ClubCare warranty policy through the Camping and Caravanning club. It's renewal time and the premium is around £300, but you must have an annual Habcheck for the entire vehicle to be covered. This adds £200, so £500 in total. Habcheck seems overkill for a California although I can see the reasoning for a caravan or large motorhome. MBG's policy is similar.

Anybody have recent experience purchasing a warranty policy that covers the entire vehicle, not just the van mechanical/electrical components? Based on my experiences, it's important that the electro-hydraulic roof is included.

Regards

Last year I purchased a ClubCare warranty policy through the Camping and Caravanning club. It's renewal time and the premium is around £300, but you must have an annual Habcheck for the entire vehicle to be covered. This adds £200, so £500 in total. Habcheck seems overkill for a California although I can see the reasoning for a caravan or large motorhome. MBG's policy is similar.

Anybody have recent experience purchasing a warranty policy that covers the entire vehicle, not just the van mechanical/electrical components? Based on my experiences, it's important that the electro-hydraulic roof is included.

Regards
I’d be interested to know how you get on in finding cover that includes the roof and other California specific equipment.

If I can't find anything better, I'll either go with ClubCare + Habcheck again, which includes the roof and California specific components, or bank the premium and self-insure. On balance I'm inclined not to self-insure based on my experiences to date.