Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any recommendations for where to buy replacement door hinges?

N

NickJones

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
The hinges on the driver side door of my T5 Cali have started rusting so need replacing (this seems to be a common issue). Does anyone have any recommendations for a supplier? I've found lots on eBay, but strangely have failed to find any on the usual California spares websites. Perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms, but I figured someone on here has probably bought a replacement pair recently and might be able to give a recommendation.

The hinges on the driver side door of my T5 Cali have started rusting so need replacing (this seems to be a common issue). Does anyone have any recommendations for a supplier? I've found lots on eBay, but strangely have failed to find any on the usual California spares websites. Perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms, but I figured someone on here has probably bought a replacement pair recently and might be able to give a recommendation.
They are a Transporter part rather than California. So you just need the correct year.
VW, eBay or Forum shop but you'll have to phone them.
If they haven't failed I would just clean them and give a good spray or soak in ACF50 a good lubricant and rust inhibitor.

They are a Transporter part rather than California. So you just need the correct year.
VW, eBay or Forum shop but you'll have to phone them.
If they haven't failed I would just clean them and give a good spray or soak in ACF50 a good lubricant and rust inhibitor.
Thanks for the advice. The door is actually sagging and rubbing on the frame (which is now rusting), so I figured the hinges were gone. I'll have a go at cleaning them to see if they just need some love.

Back