Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any solution to the difficulty of clicking into the ISOFIX?

M

Mandsholm

Guest User
I am bewildered why VW has made it SO cumbersome to attach child seats to the ISOFIX? They have to be dismounted and re-mounted at least once every day when touring in the car. I have yet to succeed on my own to attach a child seat to the ISOFIX. We have to be two adults - one working from the front of the seat and the other working from the back of the seat - and the procedure involves a lot of cursing and swearing.

I am bewildered why VW has made it SO cumbersome to attach child seats to the ISOFIX? They have to be dismounted and re-mounted at least once every day when touring in the car. I have yet to succeed on my own to attach a child seat to the ISOFIX. We have to be two adults - one working from the front of the seat and the other working from the back of the seat - and the procedure involves a lot of cursing and swearing.
Pull the Bench seat forward a little and recline the backrest a little. Once connected pull the strap and pull the backrest into the upright position.
You don’t have to move the bench seat backwards.

Hi Mandsholm, I too struggled reaching the Cali's Isofix anchor points. I tried a number or child car seats but had great difficulty fitting them in place. I therefor consulted this forum for advice (see Cali kids thread). The solution that worked for us was Amarillo's recommendation of a "Maxi-Cosi Rodifix Air Protect group 2/3 isofix child car seat. This works really well for us as it has to long rigid isofix arms that easily reach the calis anchor points.

sorry unsure if the car seat I suggested is available in Denmark. However Regardless of the make of the seat it may be worth identifying one with long rigid isofix arms as these are easier to fix into place the the shorter bendy ones!

Get a couple of Isofix locators. They are yellow plastic guides that attach to the Isofix points and the seat fixings then slot in easily.

• Thanks
Reactions: RFH
Back