Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any way to disable power latching on the T6 sliding door?

• Thread starter California Dreamin
  • Start date
California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Bought out T6 new back in the days of no heli tape on the roof and very little stock to chose from. Love all our options bar one - the power latching on the sliding door. Motor just been replaced on warranty as was making a grinding noise.

Anyway of disabling it so one can sneak out for a wee without waking everyone up?

Bought out T6 new back in the days of no heli tape on the roof and very little stock to chose from. Love all our options bar one - the power latching on the sliding door. Motor just been replaced on warranty as was making a grinding noise.

Anyway of disabling it so one can sneak out for a wee without waking everyone up?
yes. don't order it. I see you never ordered it. soz

I always use the passenger door if sneaking out in the night. Even with a manual slider closing it would wake the whole van up!

our front doors are blocked by the use of a windscreen cover so this is our only easy exit. Sliding is quiet - if it wasn't for the motor noise.

our front doors are blocked by the use of a windscreen cover so this is our only easy exit. Sliding is quiet - if it wasn't for the motor noise.
Thanks. That's actually good to know as I was about to order a windscreen cover. Maybe I'll stick with the internal covers. Or get a pee bottle :) Anyway I'm dragging this thread quite off topic now!

Wouldn't want to be without our windscreen cover - so much quicker and less disruptive than the (very nice) magnetic internal covers. Stops the heat getting in/ out much better. Far less condensation (less water to drip behind dash) and it stows in the chair in the boot lid. We end up leaving the door ajar.

Wouldn't want to be without our windscreen cover - so much quicker and less disruptive than the (very nice) magnetic internal covers. Stops the heat getting in/ out much better. Far less condensation (less water to drip behind dash) and it stows in the chair in the boot lid. We end up leaving the door ajar.
Yes...i agree. The external cover imo are far better than the infernal....oops i mean internal ones.

If the windscreen cover is reducing the amount of condensation on the windscreen then that just means it is accumulating elsewhere in the vehicle. Unless you have adequate ventilation so that you get No condensation , whichever form of windscreen cover you use, all you are doing is moving condensation elsewhere, external body panels in the kitchen and wardrobe cabinets, roof space and behind trim panels.

Back