Anybody been to RIAT (Air Tattoo)

larrylamb

larrylamb

Cali owner.
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We have tickets for RIAT next month and camping nearby in Cirencester. It's a huge event and will be a long day, has anybody any tips? I believe some people take small tents in and make a base.

We have tickets for RIAT next month and camping nearby in Cirencester. It's a huge event and will be a long day, has anybody any tips? I believe some people take small tents in and make a base.

We'll be going too on the Saturday and staying near Cheltenham. We have been once before we had the kids so spent most of the day wandering around all the static displays and just stopped if we wanted to see an air display. Looking forward to taking the kids this year, and the Cali of course!

Ooo that'll be good. We used to live near there. Never actually went to the event, though I recall being unable to get to work easily for the days leading up to it due to the traffic and road closures! We lived there during the days when the B52s used to come in and out. Wonderful beasts! Not quite as good as the Vulcan, but pretty impressive!!

Went there queuing from about 4am to get pole position on the flight line for many years. Vulcan was always a highlight but they used to fly B52 which was awesome.
People do take popup tents and blankets etc.which are allowed back from the front. Very long day and always got sunburnt ears
Take suncream!!

Last edited: