Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anybody used Professional Retrofits in Nuneaton for towbar install or anything else?

Lewis

Lewis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I wondered if anyone has any experience of this company - http://poollretrofits.com/vw-transporter-t6/

They have plenty of good reviews on Facebook and seem to be experienced in VW work. Prices come in a lot lower than many providers so wanted to seek out some views before taking the plunge on a removable Westfalia towbar.

I'm also perplexed as to why I'd have to pay an extra £55 because I have Towbar preparation, I'd hoped that would make it cheaper (seems to be the most pointless thing we spec'd)!! Will ask when I contact them but wondered if anyone had any experience first.

I wondered if anyone has any experience of this company - http://poollretrofits.com/vw-transporter-t6/

They have plenty of good reviews on Facebook and seem to be experienced in VW work. Prices come in a lot lower than many providers so wanted to seek out some views before taking the plunge on a removable Westfalia towbar.

I'm also perplexed as to why I'd have to pay an extra £55 because I have Towbar preparation, I'd hoped that would make it cheaper (seems to be the most pointless thing we spec'd)!! Will ask when I contact them but wondered if anyone had any experience first.
We used them after having work done elsewhere that we weren’t happy with. They were really good, knowledgable, and charged far less than elsewhere. We were left wishing we’d gone there first.
Would recommend and we would use again.

We used Pauls company to fit front and rear parking sensors,reversing camera and cruise control to our van,all done as per factory. Excellent company to deal with.

I can only assume they will fit a towbar that can't take advantage of the prep? Although I thought it was the electrics at the rear to make it simpler?

Interested to hear how it goes if you use them as I am local and have been pondering a towbar. I'd prefer a removable one like I had on my old car.

Had the Westfalia removable towbar fitted to our 2015 cali without towbar prep from a local company in Leicester.
I got the complete package supplied, professionally fitted, plus additional harness as no factory towbar prep on our cali, all programmed in properly for less than what VW wanted for just the supply of the kit!

Its been on 2 years with no issues & all works properly...

Great thanks, that towbar looks really nice and just what I was imagined.

If they have to use a connecting cable/connector that is specific to the VW preparation rather than a generic one there may be additional cost.

These guys did mine, it was a retro fit of the factory westfalia removable tow bar

I can highly recommend them , Excellent service, took a couple of hours, included coding for reversing camera, trailer stabilisation etc.

identical to factory fit, good neat job at a fair price compared to others, possibly not the cheapest, but possibly the best!

approved by Audi and recommended to me by the main VW dealer I bought the van from.

Visit there website they have photos of the install on my van

They will travel and fit at your home or place of work for a small additional fee.
Satnav Systems, Unit G, Argent Court, 175 Hook Rise South, Surbiton
KT6 7NL

GPS coordinates: 51 22’20.3″ N, 000 17’23.5″ W

tel: 0203 1414 114

tel: 0808 222 0000

www.satnavsystems.com

I’ve had two retro-fits by these guys.
First time was a Westfalia removalable, the second time was a different manufacturer can’t remember who.

But happy with both installations and fully coded to vehicle ECU etc...

http://motabars.co.uk/

I can only assume they will fit a towbar that can't take advantage of the prep? Although I thought it was the electrics at the rear to make it simpler?

Interested to hear how it goes if you use them as I am local and have been pondering a towbar. I'd prefer a removable one like I had on my old car.

I'm going to give them a shot I think. I dug around the website prices a bit and it is cheaper with towbar prep but the Cali attracts a £55 surcharge which I presume suggests it's a more complicated fit than a standard Transporter (either that or a premium vehicle charge!). Good to hear the positive reviews above, will let you know how I get on as I'll prob go for removable too.

I'm going to give them a shot I think. I dug around the website prices a bit and it is cheaper with towbar prep but the Cali attracts a £55 surcharge which I presume suggests it's a more complicated fit than a standard Transporter (either that or a premium vehicle charge!). Good to hear the positive reviews above, will let you know how I get on as I'll prob go for removable too.

Removable is worth the extra for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These guys did mine, it was a retro fit of the factory westfalia removable tow bar

I can highly recommend them , Excellent service, took a couple of hours, included coding for reversing camera, trailer stabilisation etc.

identical to factory fit, good neat job at a fair price compared to others, possibly not the cheapest, but possibly the best!

approved by Audi and recommended to me by the main VW dealer I bought the van from.

Visit there website they have photos of the install on my van

They will travel and fit at your home or place of work for a small additional fee.
Satnav Systems, Unit G, Argent Court, 175 Hook Rise South, Surbiton
KT6 7NL

GPS coordinates: 51 22’20.3″ N, 000 17’23.5″ W

tel: 0203 1414 114

tel: 0808 222 0000

www.satnavsystems.com
I had the same fitted by these guys yesterday and I have to say they were excellent! My Beach didn’t have tow bar prep and they did the full job for £750 inc VAT.

Thinking about it, the California surcharge might be that they access the loom connection located behind the rear cupboard.... which may require removing the mains socket and water inlet.
I’d be interested to hear back, when yours is done.

They retrofitted cruise control to my T6 - was in the advertised spec of my pre-registered van so (eventually) the Dealer paid them directly.

Perfect job, great guys.

They retrofitted cruise control to my T6 - was in the advertised spec of my pre-registered van so (eventually) the Dealer paid them directly.

Perfect job, great guys.

Hi hirsty
Who did you have you cruise control fitted with ?

Who was the dealer ?

Go

Most definitely go to Vw dealer as you have tow bar prep which is pre wired
Vw is plug and play
Potential wiring problems on Cali are enormous

I think the VW dealers don't fit tow bars as a rule, most farm this job out to other companies.

Alan

Back