Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone got a Khyam kamper cosi roof cover?

Juliette ryan

Juliette ryan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I had been recommended the Vanorak but at £325 it’s a bit steep. I noticed that campervantastic also sell the Khyam one for £199 (fits Californias post 2007)
Have any of you out there got one ? And do they do the job ?
Equally any advice for any cheaper alternatives ?
Thank you x

Hi, if you use the search facility on this site you might get some info on Khyam topper but I would say 95% go for a Comfortz topper. Well made and does a great job. I see there is an unused one for sale in the ads, might be worth looking at?
edit, looks like there is a Khyam topper for sale in the ads as well. Check out the small ads on here.

Last edited:
+1 for the Comfortz topper, best selling point for us was it fits in with the chairs in the tailgate, neither of the two you refer to can do this as they are huge when packed away.

We have a Khyam topper and use it occasionally. It's well made and I have no complaints about it in use. However as Blakeley says the size when packed is bigger than the Comfortz.

As usual though, you need to consider your own circumstances. We actually take our topper away with us quite rarely and really only in winter, as in 'three seasons' conditions even up in the Highlands we find no real inclination to faff about putting a topper on and off, just throw a blanket over the duvet if we need it. With only two of us in the van we can always sleep downstairs if the weather is really bad.

But if you are travelling as a family and always needing the pop-up sleeping space, a topper may be more of a priority and in that case (given the amount of kit a family needs to cram in the van) then a topper that folds up small may well be worth paying the extra for.

Thank you - like Velma's dad - we can sleep downstairs if really cold - it's more in the evenings when you want the roof up for headspace but want to keep warm. The occasional use won't warrant the cost but I do appreciate your comments.
As always a great help. Thanks

I agree with previous posts, Comfortz version is very good, windproof, waterproof and insulates really well. Snugly fits into tailgate beside chair. As with them all, can be problematic trying to put it on in a force 10 gale when you would need another person to help and secure it. Assuming your rear is into the wind, sometimes find the trick is to secure at rear and let the wind help carry it forward.

Yes, I have one, not easy to install and has a tendency to take on water which makes removing and storing it wet a bit of a chore and very bulky .
I added some guy lines at the back as I did not like the tie downs that are supplied rubbing on the paint work when windy.
Plus, points quite warm in the colder days,
That said I have not seen the Comfortz topper so I can’t compare.

50f2e2cf-34e3-4b3c-8c5f-d7d0380117d1.JPG