Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ANYONE had BLACK?

D

Dedee

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I take delivery of an Acapulco blue and silver two toned T6 in three weeks as it was all I could get in NZ. It is brand new. But I would really like it to be black as that is my preference is looks. I often wrap my vehicles and so I was wondering if anyone has had a black California as the sales rep is saying it would be too hot as a camper van. Any experiences of a black one appreciated. thanks

We have a Black SE and an Acapulco Blue Beach. During the spell of hot weather last summer I can't say that I noticed any difference.

Our T5 is black. In summertime no problems with temp. inside. At the outside we cover the bodypart behind the fridge with a great white towel.

It seems that there is some truth in black cars get hotter than white ones in the sun; just google it. One return says that the state of California in the US at one time considered banning black cars due to their reduced efficiency (increased use of aircon). However, given that the Cali has a lot of glass in it (acting like a greenhouse) I wonder whether it will actually make any practical difference. When camping you can always open the door, tailgate, windows, roof vents etc and get a nice breeze blowing through.

For how many weeks does it get hot in NZ? You could always unwrap it...

We have a black van and it's fine. Like LeffeBlonde said - with all the glass it's the greenhouse effect you should be more worried about - and that affects all colours.

I've had a white van and I've got a Black van could not tell the differences 20150826_110912.jpg 20150922_161625.jpg 20160908_150427.jpg

We have a black van and it's fine. Like LeffeBlonde said - with all the glass it's the greenhouse effect you should be more worried about - and that affects all colours.
good point
It seems that there is some truth in black cars get hotter than white ones in the sun; just google it. One return says that the state of California in the US at one time considered banning black cars due to their reduced efficiency (increased use of aircon). However, given that the Cali has a lot of glass in it (acting like a greenhouse) I wonder whether it will actually make any practical difference. When camping you can always open the door, tailgate, windows, roof vents etc and get a nice breeze blowing through.

For how many weeks does it get hot in NZ? You could always unwrap it...
It is hot for around three months at most . But it will be the time we will be travelling. I was more thinking about the sleeping at night with the black holding the heat?? But good to hear your thoughts

We have a Black SE and an Acapulco Blue Beach. During the spell of hot weather last summer I can't say that I noticed any difference.
Well you would know with that comparison so cheers thanks for replying

WOW looks amazing -who did the work for you on the interior? I am yet to see the vehicle but I am seeing one like it next week and it sounds like it it Moonrock which is taupe upholstery and the pale timber cupboards as you have . I would have preferred the new spec of the dark cupboards and the darker upholstery so lets see how I feel about it and if it is not right for me I will order a black one just as I would have preferred. Probably with the shower attachment and curtain too-do you have one of those?

WOW looks amazing -who did the work for you on the interior? I am yet to see the vehicle but I am seeing one like it next week and it sounds like it it Moonrock which is taupe upholstery and the pale timber cupboards as you have . I would have preferred the new spec of the dark cupboards and the darker upholstery so lets see how I feel about it and if it is not right for me I will order a black one just as I would have preferred. Probably with the shower attachment and curtain too-do you have one of those?
I would do the lowered body kit like that too so love to know who did it for you or did VW? My current Amaro is satin black wrap with the red stripes too.

Black with dark interior sounds nice, no I have not got a shower, but thinking of fitting one. VW did the leather on our van, I covered the tables with the vinyl wrap, the Cali club shop supplied the red work surface tops, great quality, the van had the body kit fitted from new at VW the lower splitter was supplied by Jon-Paul Lockyer on the T5 T4 web site, made the front grill myself. The van is lowered 30mm with H&R anti-roll bars, 19" wheels 255/40/19 tyres, very little body roll

excited to see your big dog in your profile. I am buying my Cali for my Giant Schnauzer who is 12 and a half now. I want to travel through NZ with him whilst we can and I love how easy it is for him to get into the back by just stepping up. Does your dog travel on the seat or on the floor? I have bought a rubber mat for the floor to make it better for him and not so hard. But he is used to being on the seat in my Amaro.
Black with dark interior sounds nice, no I have not got a shower, but thinking of fitting one. VW did the leather on our van, I covered the tables with the vinyl wrap, the Cali club shop supplied the red work surface tops, great quality, the van had the body kit fitted from new at VW the lower splitter was supplied by Jon-Paul Lockyer on the T5 T4 web site, made the front grill myself. The van is lowered 30mm with H&R anti-roll bars, 19" wheels 255/40/19 tyres, very little body roll

excited to see your big dog in your profile. I am buying my Cali for my Giant Schnauzer who is 12 and a half now. I want to travel through NZ with him whilst we can and I love how easy it is for him to get into the back by just stepping up. Does your dog travel on the seat or on the floor? I have bought a rubber mat for the floor to make it better for him and not so hard. But he is used to being on the seat in my Amaro.
It keeps going Amaro when it is an AMarok... you must wonder what I am talking about!!

good point

It is hot for around three months at most . But it will be the time we will be travelling. I was more thinking about the sleeping at night with the black holding the heat?? But good to hear your thoughts

It won't hold the heat no matter what colour it is. The Cali has no insulation...

We push the seat right back when traveling, put a dog bed on the floor then Quinn curls up on the seat. He sleeps were he likes to, its his van20150921_213333.jpg 20150921_084021.jpg 20150922_161708.jpg

My order form says Moon Rock / Titanium Black - Moo..... Thats all I can see. Anyone know what that really means? I dont like black interiors... Sorry.. Help again please..

My order form says Moon Rock / Titanium Black - Moo..... Thats all I can see. Anyone know what that really means? I dont like black interiors... Sorry.. Help again please..
It is the Dashboard colour. I believe.
IMG_0261.jpg

Only thing I'd say about black is:

Looks amazing when clean.

Looks and stays clean for about five nanoseconds!

;)

Only thing I'd say about black is:

Looks amazing when clean.

Looks and stays clean for about five nanoseconds!

;)
It doesn't even stay clean for that long where we live. It's springtime or ariel bombardment season for our feathered neighbours. I don't know what it is about a nice shiny black California but I am forever outside wiping their calling cards off before it etches the lacquer.

In comparision our other two vehicles, grey and blue, don't seem to have the same pulling power for these birds.

Back