Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone had news of the 199 deliveries

L

Legin

Guest User
Just spoke to the dealership and they say mine is on track and waiting to go on the ship in the next couple of days so on target for the revised delivery and expected later in December. I will get it in Jan now then its registered in 2019 if that makes any difference.
I asked if it passed the new test, they assumed so given it has been released by the factory.
Still not excited as I guess Im half expecting another delay.
Anyone else had an update.

Just spoke to the dealership and they say mine is on track and waiting to go on the ship in the next couple of days so on target for the revised delivery and expected later in December. I will get it in Jan now then its registered in 2019 if that makes any difference.
I asked if it passed the new test, they assumed so given it has been released by the factory.
Week 52 quoted to me; and had letter from dealer that explained the revised CO2 rating and tax band implications.

I got no explanation on the CO2 from the dealer although it looks like the 4wd stays in the same higher band as before.

New brochure has CO2 of 191 for 2.0TDI 199PS 7-speed DSG. £1760.00 Tax kicks in at 191. Looks like my order may have increased by £500. (My Ocean has build week 49).

Hi everyone, I ordered in the middle of Octuber, and today they said me, the cali it’s alredy made.

I haven’t had ant letter or information about de wltp yet.

I think mine was build week 33, apparently it's passed WLTP and leaving the factory. Due delivery week 52 - expecting to collect in the new year.

Plus there's the extra £500 stringer for the inc in road tax!

Looks like a whole batch are on the same ship as mine is wk52 also. Mine was built wk37 apparently. Although my 4 motion co2 went up I think it stays in the same band just nearer the top end ,so no change as I was already getting clobbered.

Looks like a whole batch are on the same ship as mine is wk52 also. Mine was built wk37 apparently. Although my 4 motion co2 went up I think it stays in the same band just nearer the top end ,so no change as I was already getting clobbered.
Hi can I ask what your total expected delivery time is likely to be from ordering at dealer to earliest expected delivery of your Cali?

Hopefully I can order mine in December- thank you in advance.

Ordered mine on 3rd October. Have been told by dealer it's allocated build week 49 and I should expect delivery mid January.
Don't know if that's being a bit optomistic or not.
I asked him today about delays due to new regulations and he said it hadn't affected any of their deliveries. No mention of any increase in order price either.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Ordered mine on the 4 October, confirmed build week 49 and mid January delivery also. Last week dealer mentioned the possibility of a higher OTR price.

Ordered mine 6th August and at that time delivery was meant to be early November with a build wk 37. Then there was the much discussed emissions type approval delays which meant although still built wk 37 (I was told) not released from factory until end Nov ie now about wk 47. Delivery to dealer expected wk51/52.
So normally delivery should be about 3 months from order and this became 5 months.
The emissions piece should be past now so back to 3/4 months but now there is brex it to contend with. Who knows ?

Ordered last weekend (24th Nov), was told expected build week of 3 (awaiting confirmation). We've requested early March delivery which dealer said should be spot on....

I ordered one yesterday and was told there is a five month delivery time at the moment.

I ordered one yesterday and was told there is a five month delivery time at the moment.
My dealer told me between 5 or 7 months. They are very carefully because of the spring/summer delays. But I think the factory, nowadays have the correct rhythm and your Cali will arrive on early March.

Thank you for the info.
Hopefully I will order week com 17/12 will let you know what dealer says

We have a 199PS DSG California ocean on order and had build week 45 and have delivery confirmed for early Jan - could have been late December but we delayed it to get a 2019 registration - sounds like WLTP delays diminishing and vehicles flowing through the process better now?

We have a 199PS DSG California ocean on order and had build week 45 and have delivery confirmed for early Jan - could have been late December but we delayed it to get a 2019 registration - sounds like WLTP delays diminishing and vehicles flowing through the process better now?

I was reading, maybe the problem was at the beggining.

Because they made the WLTP revision for all the vehicles.

But nowadays they have a lot of vehicles with WLTP aproved, and when someone order another exact model, with the same engine, change o extras, this vehicle don’t need pass the test.

They build and the van go to transport and delivery more quick.

Exactly - type approval had to be obtained for all basic vehicle configurations and then the same with different option configurations - once obtained like vehicles coming through would be rubber stamped with random testing as an assurance.

Interesting reading - perhaps orders have started moving again in general.

I ordered mine near the end of July and until today had not even been given a delivery date. Now I hear that it's built and awaiting shipment. However the dealer said that could mean I get it in anything up to 6 weeks. That's just over 24 weeks since I ordered. I suppose all things considered that's not terrible.

Is it too early to get very, very excited? Might Santa deliver it a little earlier than I expect (well, it is red and white)?

Just picked up ours today! Now safely in garage. We had been given a delayed January pick up, but the dealer rang up out of the blue last week to say it had arrived. Hasn’t sunk in yet. It’s a 199 DSG & we had to pay the next band of vehicle tax £1760. Hope all the other 199 buyers get theirs soon - thank you for all the help and support during our wait. We ordered early July.

Thanks for the update as yours must be one of the very first 199 to actually be on the the road, certainly the first I heard of. It gives the rest of us hope ! Prey tell what was your impression of the 199 engine and the cali come to that.

Just picked up ours today! Now safely in garage. We had been given a delayed January pick up, but the dealer rang up out of the blue last week to say it had arrived. Hasn’t sunk in yet. It’s a 199 DSG & we had to pay the next band of vehicle tax £1760. Hope all the other 199 buyers get theirs soon - thank you for all the help and support during our wait. We ordered early July.

So jealous - apparently mine is on the way, can't wait!

Would be great if everyone could post a picture when they get their van :thumb

Seems to drive well. Haven’t tried it in sport mode, which might help when pulling away from start eg roundabouts. Was a bit slow without. Absolutely blown away by the standard of the interiior. Found the mood lighting in the kitchenette late yesterday. All so much better than conversions. Very, very happy :) Hoping to go away next weekend if weather reasonable. Keep the faith everyone, definitely worth the wait (and life savings).

I had build week 40 originally and it was delayed. Its a cali ocean 199. Two weeks ago it was heading to the port of Emden. It's still not shipped apparently which is very disappointing as would be magic for it to arrive for Christmas. Get a move on......:(

Back