Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone in Stockholm with an Exclusive?

pureinla

pureinla

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hey Folks,

I'm trying to decide if my next van ('99 Syncro MV pop top now) is going to be a Cali Coach high roof, or an Exclusive. Unfortunately we never received either in Canada. I'm going to be in Stockholm Feb 5-10 and would love to step into an Exclusive to see what they're like if anybody has one in the area.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Shawn

I know solhem husbil have customers with T4's and T5 Cali's and also sell Westies, but might be hard to source such a model.

I follow this guy on instragram and exchange messages, but he's not so close to Stockholm

https://www.instagram.com/vanlifeswe/

You're always welcome to see our T5.1 Candy White :)

If it helps, I have sold my old California T4 91’, and I bought a 99’ California Exclusive, and it’s a whole new world.... the independence you get with the bathroom makes it way better than the normal Cali. The sensation of space is way bigger. Moreover, you have like four different spaces to be, not interfering with the others in the van. If someone is laying on the top bed, some more can be sat in the lunch zone. Another one could be cooking, while other could be doing his stuff in the bathroom... imagine trying to do so on the normal California distribution.... it’s just impossible. The only issue I could talk about is the height (2,70 mts) but in your two options the height is the same, so I wouldn’t have any doubt about which I would choose.

Thanks so much for the responses so far!

I messaged that Instagram account...fingers crossed we can meet.

Joaquin - thanks for the insight. I feel like I'll be able to make a decision as soon as I set foot in an Exclusive.

solhem have a Westfalia T6 Clubjoker that you could look at, the dimensions and layout isn't too disimmilar, it's the vehicle we test drove and came so close to buying because of all the great points Joaquin made.

https://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Westfalia_Club_Joker___16__110_mil__nyckick_77095484.htm?ca=11&w=1

I parked next to one in my lowered T6 Beach with big wheels, what a difference ! Wish I had taken a pic.
Definitely a contender when the kids have fled the nest so just me and the wife.
They are so frigging ugly they are Booootiful !!!

In Sweden it's a hugely impressive candidate as we have fairly quiet and open roads, lots of off the grid options so it's makes more sense than a Cali but we couldn't justify 2 vehicles as we use the tunnelbana for work and it would need to work for weekend stuff like shopping or day trips and that's were it struggled, the car parking was an issue. We popped across to Västerås at the weekend an the only parking was multi storey, no problem for the Cali.

Next thing we looked at was a T6 Cali fully loaded and I just didn't want a loan and tbh I'll wait for a T7, the difference between the original T5 and T6 is trinkets whereas having a fixed bed and toilet on the VW van platform is definitely a game changer.

I think our next van if not a T7 woukd be something like this or a crafter / fiat / merc with a next gen drivetrain, but we'll move house before then.

I'm in Norway but it's a fair old trek down to Stockholm from where we are. I can certainly vouch for the exclusive. The step up in space in unbelievable! My partner loves it so much more that our SWB syncro back in the UK. I'm 6'6" and I can stand up inside. I've seen a few more smurf-top vans on Instagram in the south. Just search #californiaexclusive on Instagram
2fd1cfff7f3d8b295e616cac217421ec.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Matt. Great minds think alike. I contacted someone through Instagram in Sweden and I have plans to meet up with them. Honestly, I have two vans that I'm looking at right now (one I just passed on). I'm buying a CE...I'm convinced.

The first time I'd seen a CE was a German one in Norway on holiday and I fell in love with the layout right away. We followed one in my SWB syncro along hardangerfjord and we couldn't keep up.

I wonder how many have been taken over to your side of the pond?

Untitled by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

I
Hey Folks,

I'm trying to decide if my next van ('99 Syncro MV pop top now) is going to be a Cali Coach high roof, or an Exclusive. Unfortunately we never received either in Canada. I'm going to be in Stockholm Feb 5-10 and would love to step into an Exclusive to see what they're like if anybody has one in the area.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Shawn

Hello Shawn!

We had contact on instagram, This is me: https://www.instagram.com/vwcaliexc/

There is one up for sale 100km from Stockholm. Great price but i guess some work need to be done...

https://www.blocket.se/vastmanland/Vw_california_exclusive_77601718.htm?aw=1

//Jonas

Hey Jonas!

I put this thread out before I contacted you!

That CE is a little too beat up for me! I have a line on two right now. Once I get them both inspected i’ll be able to make my decision.
Best,
Shawn

Matt, where did you get the carpet by the door? Did you cut it yourself?

Matt, where did you get the carpet by the door? Did you cut it yourself?
The plastic mat was in when I bought it. The old fellow that used to have it had rugs specially cut to fit in all the gaps but they were a bit strong on aroma so we ended up getting rid of them. The Plastic one come in handy although the surface is a little too harsh at times. All the seat covers had to go too as the foam has degrading badly.

60_312325582_xl by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

ah yes, I'd forgotten the original country cottage look of your van.

What did you do with the pipe and slippers

Hey Jonas!

I put this thread out before I contacted you!

That CE is a little too beat up for me! I have a line on two right now. Once I get them both inspected i’ll be able to make my decision.
Best,
Shawn

Hey, if you can make it to the U.K., Manchester, we have a '97 Exclusive if you are interested?

Hey Jon,
I've put an offer on one in the Netherlands. It never hurts to look though. Do you have it listed anywhere?
We've not got round to listing it yet, we intent to put it on here in the classified.
190,000km, full service history, 5 stamps from VW in Germany, 2 Indi VW in U.K., then 6 VW main agent U.K. +1 more Indi.
2016 at 181,142 km had full service with timing belt, water pump, etc.New leisure battery and charger. Aux pulleys changed last year plus belt.
They go for about £15,000 here in the UK.
Did you get a good deal in the Netherlands?
We love our California Exclusive but we need something bigger now....

20160830_120400.jpg

Back