Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone know the German for chrome pack?

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
After 2 days two local franchises are as yet unable to show me, or tell me with any confidence, what the new chrome pack on the SE includes. How can they expect to sell something on a two word description and a price - "Chrome pack £330".

So, in desperation I have gone onto the VW German website. Now, I can't read German so I am translating by copying and pasting one word at a time into google, laughing as I go.
:headbang

In case you are wondering, "Chrome pack" = "Chrompaket"

I googled poor vw sales staff and it took me to an autoexpress survey. VW were nearly at the bottom of the table
"

31. Volkswagen - 83.86% overall

Only 1.4 per cent keeps Volkswagen off last place in our ranking, and bosses will be dismayed to see that its dealers have fallen five places since last year. Only three of VW’s category scores are higher than 30, which is not what we’d expect from a premium brand. Particularly poor is the 31st place it achieved for standard of workmanship. This was backed up by one reader who told us: “Takes too long to resolve issues. Shocking service overall and poor knowledge.” VW also finished 31st in the helpfulness and attitude category, with another customer damning in their criticism of dealer staff. “Unhelpful, poor customer attitude and aloof,” was their verdict.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/d ... z3JYBCo4vH

"

Isn't it Der Kromen Packen ? :D

I really don't know. I have to say whilst looking for mine having travelled all round north london & northern home counties I couldn't find anyone that really knew anything about Californias. In the end I bought from Kettering Van centre where despite not being an approved California dealer they had something like 12 preregistered vans in stock and a salesman Stuart Carpenter who actually knew what he was talking about & not only knew what the options were but had vehicles in stock that demonstrated them. I could actually see my van with the newer light privacy glass next to one with no privacy next to one with aftermarket privacy. Of course buying Prereg saved a huge amount of worrying about what options to go for and the agonising wait for it to turn up.

Thanks ChocolateEclair
That's a bit better isn't it?
I guess Germans instinctively know exactly what a 'glossy accent' is. Would be nice to be certain though wouldn't it?
I'm on to finding out what a chrome tail guard is now. It is not the chrome trim strip (both on page 29 of the brochure). :headbang

Chrome pack is standard on the more upmarket versions of the Caravelle. This is the best picture I can find of it on a Caravelle:
http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/aut ... 464947.jpg

Chrome strips on the side, around front foglights and lower part of front bumper. Not shown in the picture is the strip at the bottom of the tailgate.
Hope this helps. I looked into trying to get the side strips separately but the price was silly money. :shocked

Back