Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone know what font is used for the California badge?

Alan Andrews

Alan Andrews

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Is probably a bit of a strange request, but does anyone know what font is used for the California badge?

Thanks

Is that not about the T6 Beach/Ocean font on the sides rather than the California model badge on the tailgate?
Of course I got side tracked. I saw the cali font topic searching the phrase California Font

The font i'm after is for the rear chrome 'California' badge.

I've bought a set of steel wheels and tyres for the winter, and want to customise the black plastic wheel centre trims. This is just a mock up of what i'm going to do.

I'm hoping that by adding my reg., then they are less likely to be removed by some light fingered soso.

upload_2018-11-7_20-55-30.png

Yes i'm aware of that.

This is just a mock up so that I can machine the word 'California' plus the reg number.

The idea came to me when I heard that many of these trims are removed by light fingered so&so.

Yes I have cnc machine, and looking to do one or two more things to add to my Ocean.

Many thanks Wongo,

yes it did occur to me that others might go for this.

I'll post up photos when complete.

I have since reworked the mock-up so that it is a good representation of the actual wheel cap.

upload_2018-11-8_18-14-6.png

My black center caps all fell off over a 3 month period, not sure I'd want my identification on them to be honest..

Last edited:
The type on the side (OCEAN, COAT, BEACH) is called "Controller Extended Four"
https://www.linotype.com/1077374/controller-family.html

The tailgate font (California, Caravelle, Transporter) is called VW Head (and not the Helvetica/Arial some are linking to – i.e. the "G" and "R" are significantly different).
https://www.hvdfonts.com/custom-cases/volkswagen

Oh. I must correct myself the tailgate font is actually more like the Helvetica/Arial. But slightly italic as I just went out to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro