Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone order thermal double green glass? - molding problem!

Canary Bird

Canary Bird

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone ordered the thermal double green glass Z2B for their T6? If yes, could you please send photos of the interior of the glass ?

I took mine into the dealer today as it appears that VW did not include the molding frame around the glass (not plastic like other T6s I saw at the dealer, nor rubber). The dealer told me that this lack of molding/frame is not something that happened in the Islands (removed & lost, etc.) and it is the way they received it from VW. I find it hard to imagine that it arrived with no molding around the glass and it looks like it is in the rough. If this indeed the case, I will go to a local glass shop & see if they can put molding around it for esthetics and to keep out dirt and to protect the edge of window laminate from getting scratched off in time.

image003.jpg

P2110034.jpg

I cannot answer your query, but it might be because of the Double Glazing which would add thickness on the inside rather than the outside, and that any rubber moulding strip is for use with the single glass pane.
If nothing is forthcoming then you could use something like this.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006R99T0U/

Hello, Canary Bird, this is the first time I use this forum and I am not sure if I have to do something before write.
I am from Spain.
I am trying to understand what is the themal glass Z2B, I want to bu a Clifornia Beach, but the seller here have told me today that is only a dark glass.
Could you tell me more or less what is this option for?

The thermal glass is like a double pane of glass to keep it cooler or warmer and probably provide some sound deadening effects (quieter inside). However, knowing what we know now, I probably wouldn't have gotten it as the temps here are so mild ... maybe if we spend more time in the cold I will rethink that. It also changes the color from the outside compared to the other glass, when you have the windows darkened. Probably a better option to use that money for something else in my opinion. :)

Ok, thank you for the answer. I also have noticed that your California has the external 230v socket?.
Could you tell if you have used it, or is something you wouldnt buy again?

It is a standard feature in many countries ... it allows you to plug in at campsites and get more power and get it directly from the inside of the vehicle with a 230V socket on the inside. I'd get it again. :)

Back