Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone used Motorway (to sell your van)

P

Pignik

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I've one too many vans at the moment and am looking to sell. It's advertised here (lovely blue van) but I'm looking to broaden my reach. Before shelling out on Autotrader, has anyone used Motorway to sell a van - doesn't look the best but not the worst pricing from their initial estimate. I've not looked at the fine print yet but seems you can stick it on and see what offers come in without any obligation to accept any. Thanks!

Not sold a Cali through them but did sell a relative's 6 year old Kia this week.

WBAC offered 4105 online. Motorway 4500. Went through the process of uploading images, service history etc.

This prompts a suggested "reserve" price based on condition. 4350 in our case ( 4 badly scuffed alloys and a scratch on the door)

If reserve is acceptable it is entered into the next daily auction. This generated an offer of 4951. We accepted that offer, car being picked up next week.

It may not give the best price compared with private sale but it was hassle free and better than the WBAC model, dealer comes to you etc.

One question. Do they do "vans"?

Not sold a Cali through them but did sell a relative's 6 year old Kia this week.

WBAC offered 4105 online. Motorway 4500. Went through the process of uploading images, service history etc.

This prompts a suggested "reserve" price based on condition. 4350 in our case ( 4 badly scuffed alloys and a scratch on the door)

If reserve is acceptable it is entered into the next daily auction. This generated an offer of 4951. We accepted that offer, car being picked up next week.

It may not give the best price compared with private sale but it was hassle free and better than the WBAC model, dealer comes to you etc.

Likewise with my BMW 335d I’ve just sold via them. Being picked up tomorrow to make room for the new van arriving imminently. Decent price obtained from them some £5k more than wbac.

Thanks - they gave an initial quote on my Beach so think they should. I think I'll have to take a few more pictures, so may give it a go when it stops raining!

My son in law has just sold his Volvo XC60 on there. They told him a price of £19,000. He ended up with £19600. Dealer bought it. Came down on Monday morning with a transporter. Inspected it but didn’t take it for a test drive. ( I thought that was a bit odd). Anyway they did a bank transfer and all paid. I was a bit sceptical but it seemed to go ahead without any problems.

Sell it privately and you will get far more; 2nd hand vans/cars are in very high demand at the moment.

(Sold our old 2007 Audi TT 3.2 2 months ago for £500 less than we paid for it 4 years ago. Deposit paid within 3 hours of being listed on eBay. Buyer collected the following day…in the past our cars have always taken a month or so to sell.)

Sell it privately and you will get far more; 2nd hand vans/cars are in very high demand at the moment.

(Sold our old 2007 Audi TT 3.2 2 months ago for £500 less than we paid for it 4 years ago. Deposit paid within 3 hours of being listed on eBay. Buyer collected the following day…in the past our cars have always taken a month or so to sell.)
My son in law tried that and just got a load of hustle. With Motorway he got what he wanted and no hassle. Dealers can offer terms to their customers where you would expect a cash full payment. Things are not the same as 2 years ago. If you are talking £20k up to £60k people are very wary and I don’t blame them.

We sold our S-Max with Motorway to finance the purchase of our Cali. Very happy with the result, got £1000 more than WBAC were offering.

Yes, just how long I can wait and have two vans sat around taxed etc. Won't rush to Motorways but nice to know what the backup option is.

My son in law tried that and just got a load of hustle. With Motorway he got what he wanted and no hassle. Dealers can offer terms to their customers where you would expect a cash full payment. Things are not the same as 2 years ago. If you are talking £20k up to £60k people are very wary and I don’t blame them.
Higher value cars & vans are sold privately all the time. You only need to look at the turnover of vans advertised on this site to measure. Buyers just need to do their homework and check history etc.

In terms of payment. If people don't have the means to pay cash then its easy to get a quick decision on personal loan usually at better rate than a dealer would offer. Of course downside of any finance is that you will end up paying more for the vehicle and most people forget this fact when they sell it on as will only refer back to the original purchase price, and ignore the additional interest that they have paid.

WBAC / Motorway will most likely send straight to auction, so you will only ever achieve a Part-ex value as they need to generate a profit, but if people are happy with a lower figure v a private sale then fair enough.

I sold mine through here. I got a higher price for my van than expected, so much higher I was able to buy a one month old Fabia demonstarator with the loose change. They do not buy but instead find buyers and in my case their were lots of people wanting to match my "desired price"

Think I will sell mine on Motorway.. with the proceeds I will buy a holiday villa in Portugal. A new California and a Lamborghini to go down the shops.
Seems like prices have gone mad....

Just used them to sell my 2019 Cali, gave more than £6k over WBAC, £2K more than the dealer supplying my new one and was an absolute breeze, took 5 days from start to finish. Sure I could have got a little more selling private, but a fair amount of risk there as well.

WBAC / Motorway will most likely send straight to auction, so you will only ever achieve a Part-ex value as they need to generate a profit, but if people are happy with a lower figure v a private sale then fair enough.
The Motorway model is dealers bidding for the car, so effectively a trade auction without taking the car to an auction site.

The Motorway model is dealers bidding for the car, so effectively a trade auction without taking the car to an auction site.
Yep, mine was collected by Parkway VW, Leicester, so should appear on their site later this week I'd imagine.

I've one too many vans at the moment and am looking to sell. It's advertised here (lovely blue van) but I'm looking to broaden my reach. Before shelling out on Autotrader, has anyone used Motorway to sell a van - doesn't look the best but not the worst pricing from their initial estimate. I've not looked at the fine print yet but seems you can stick it on and see what offers come in without any obligation to accept any. Thanks!
We sold our van a couple of weeks ago didn’t even make it to advert full asking price just by telling people. (Got what we paid for it 3 1/12 years ago)

I sold mine through here. I got a higher price for my van than expected, so much higher I was able to buy a one month old Fabia demonstarator with the loose change. They do not buy but instead find buyers and in my case their were lots of people wanting to match my "desired price"

Will give that a look tomorrow. Thanks

My son in law has just sold his Volvo XC60 on there. They told him a price of £19,000. He ended up with £19600. Dealer bought it. Came down on Monday morning with a transporter. Inspected it but didn’t take it for a test drive. ( I thought that was a bit odd). Anyway they did a bank transfer and all paid. I was a bit sceptical but it seemed to go ahead without any problems.
Just sold our 2012 Volvo V60 using Motorway. They gave us £3000 more than the Audi dealership where we are buying our new electric car. The whole transaction was very straight forward and hassle free. Would definitely recommend them.

Wbac own Cinch (and BCA, I think) , so are selling direct to retail. They partnered with Cazoo first then set up their own platform.

The closed dealer auctions are online anyway so it's no different for the dealers.

Sold a 3 year old X3 in January with Motorway, no complaints at all it sold for a fair price with no hassle, they do require lots of photos.

Back