Anyone w/ VCDS in Warks/Leics who can enable BT in my RNS315

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Wondering if anyone has VCDS in Warks or Leicestershire (I work in Hinckley, live in Nuneaton) who could unlock the inbuilt BT functionality. I don't have the VW BT kit, but I dont really want it for phonecalls (even hands free calls is more distracting than drunk driving apparently).

I'm told that with BT switched on I could stream music to my stereo via my phone?

Anyone locally offering this service or has the kit to enable it for "beer tokens"? Would it effect my warranty?

Cheers,

Matt.

If you don't find anyone before, I'l be up in Tamworth a week or so before and up to Christmas and be glad to meet up and help you out. I have the genuine VCDS cable.

VW will never work out you've changed anything via VCDS, that's for sure.

Hi, Matt

If that doesn't work out for you, I've got a VCDS cable (hex-can -> usb) you're welcome to borrow it. I'm just south of Daventry (or you can collect from my works in MK if you find yourself over that way) I'll happily post it if you PM me your address.

You can download the S/W here: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/current.php the license to use it is embedded within the firmware in the cable itself.

Yeah thats the page I had seen too, Im not clear what the microphone looks like. That kit doesn't look like a mic, so Im not sure if its just a cable for a mic or includes a mic.

I am reluctant to get take the stereo out to install it but even just having music streaming would be great.

Taking the stereo out is fairly straight forward, though Mic placement is a different matter.

Did you get the VCDS cable as yet?

I thought if you're still planning to be in Tamworth I could drive up for a quick visit before Christmas? It's only 30 minutes drive for me.

I pondered buying a cable but I don't think I would use it very often once I have done this part.

Sure, i'll be happy to help, I'm going to be there from the 20th Dec :)

Yes that looks like the microphone fitted in my Cali to the right of the cab interior light behind one of the round trims. If that makes sense.

I thought if you're still planning to be in Tamworth I could drive up for a quick visit before Christmas? It's only 30 minutes drive for me.

I pondered buying a cable but I don't think I would use it very often once I have done this part.

Around all day today if any use :) Heading back Boxing Day morning, will be back again in January I think.

No worries :)

Will let you know if up again.

Hi, Matt

If that doesn't work out for you, I've got a VCDS cable (hex-can -> usb) you're welcome to borrow it. I'm just south of Daventry (or you can collect from my works in MK if you find yourself over that way) I'll happily post it if you PM me your address.

You can download the S/W here: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/current.php the license to use it is embedded within the firmware in the cable itself.

I am tempted to pop down to your neck of the woods to give it a go. I just can't justify buying a cable that I will probably use once.

Wondering if I can enable the auto lock function on the doors too though.

Ive just read that from 2012 the RNS315 didnt have the bluetooth built in, I guess because VW couldnt sell modules if everyone just enabled the BT feature. Looks like a 2015 van is unlikely to have anything to enable from all accounts. May just have to get a proper kit installed.

"Wondering if I can enable the auto lock function on the doors too though."

Auto lock is not available, at least not on my 2011 Cali. Depends on which 'body control module' (BCM) you have.

I am tempted to pop down to your neck of the woods to give it a go. I just can't justify buying a cable that I will probably use once.

You're welcome to borrow it. PM me your address and I'll post it. I can't really help with the coding though as I've only used it once!!! :cool:

You're welcome to borrow it. PM me your address and I'll post it. I can't really help with the coding though as I've only used it once!!! :cool:
Cheers for the offer, I have done a little more research and it seems the two things I want to change can not be changed on a 2014/15 Beach. It seems VW got fed up of us bypassing their expensive addons ;)

I guess I will just have to buy a BT kit and get it fitted. :(£180 + £160 fitting, not exactly tempting lol... Pushes me towards a nice apple play unit maybe.

Now been told that some have BT and some don't may be worth trying after all. Argh why is the info so confusing.

Do you have the MDI kit installed? Can you plug in your iPhone and see track listing on the head unit, and control your phone with steering wheel controls?

Back