Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Apologies-another roof corrosion question

O

Oysterkite

Hi,

I realize that there is a huge amount of info here on the well known issue of roof corrosion, most seem to have eventually been resolved as VW Uk extended the roof warranty to 6 years as a goodwill gesture. My Cali is an 07 and has been rejected, after inspection, by my local dealer as it is outside this period . I intend to pursue a claim under the corrosion warranty. Anyone got any experience of going down this route or any advice? :help

Send us your email address and we can add you to the list, I think all the rejected Cali owners are keeping in touch via email together.

Hi,

I realize that there is a huge amount of info here on the well known issue of roof corrosion, most seem to have eventually been resolved as VW Uk extended the roof warranty to 6 years as a goodwill gesture. My Cali is an 07 and has been rejected, after inspection, by my local dealer as it is outside this period . I intend to pursue a claim under the corrosion warranty. Anyone got any experience of going down this route or any advice? :help

Hello i have communicated with the forum and somehow my resolution did not get picked up. I have a 2006 Cali and i bought it in france but live in the UK. I wanted a LHD one as i mostly travel in Europe. UK have done warranty work for my Cali and so I took the roof problem to them. And after exchanges of emails and much time UK just said not to contact them anymore and they would not read any more of my emails. I took the Cali to France and they just looked at and said it was corrosion and fixed it with four weeks. Mind you they had it for over a week.
For some reason the UK forum did not let my post be shown...