Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

App-Connect / Android Auto

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello,

A while ago my local VW dealer installed the App-Connect. Since then I use Android Auto mainly for navigation. I am / was very pleased with this solution.

Since about a week ago something changed. It is still working well, but the volume of the Android Auto Google navigation is very loud in comparison to the radio or music from SD cards.

I tried several ways to see if it is possible to separately adjust the volume from Android Auto navigation and music, but with no success.

I was wondering if somebody came across this issue and could give me some hints. It seems to be possible because it was ok a few weeks ago.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello,

A while ago my local VW dealer installed the App-Connect. Since then I use Android Auto mainly for navigation. I am / was very pleased with this solution.

Since about a week ago something changed. It is still working well, but the volume of the Android Auto Google navigation is very loud in comparison to the radio or music from SD cards.

I tried several ways to see if it is possible to separately adjust the volume from Android Auto navigation and music, but with no success.

I was wondering if somebody came across this issue and could give me some hints. It seems to be possible because it was ok a few weeks ago.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Eberhard
Have you tried lowering the Voice control volume?

Good morning,

No, not yet. I haven't thought about this. I didn't know that this is possible. I will give it a try later.

Regards,
Eberhard

Doesn't work on all vehicles, but try turning the volume down using the normal volume control button whilst the Google Nav voice is speaking.

It may have been you were turning up the volume on your radio, then Nav started speaking, and you you increased its volume instead.

Done that myself a number of times, but not in the Cali (yet).

Turn the volume down on the phone? Using the rocker switch on the side?

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Eberhard

Have you tried turning down the volume button whilst the navigation announcement is being made ?

Back