Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

App Connect cost quoted at £485 !!!

S

SilverVespa

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Greetings from Guernsey in the Channel Islands

I have a 2019 Cali Beach T6 the dealer over here has quoted the below for installing App connect

LAB (hourly rate) £99.00
Q7E0 054 802 A - F01 C04 Software voice £191.67
Q7H0 054 830 N/Stock document £194.73

I don't have the basic audio system I have the bigger screen and 2 card reader slots

They say I need to have the voice option installed as well

From reading on here it's the most expensive yet as most say they pay around £200 plus vat

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Vw do not sell app connect with voice activated Per se, It is not a requirement for factory activation, therefore can see no reason why voice control would be required At a dealer, other than up selling by the dealer !

Greetings from Guernsey in the Channel Islands

I have a 2019 Cali Beach T6 the dealer over here has quoted the below for installing App connect

LAB (hourly rate) £99.00
Q7E0 054 802 A - F01 C04 Software voice £191.67
Q7H0 054 830 N/Stock document £194.73

I don't have the basic audio system I have the bigger screen and 2 card reader slots

They say I need to have the voice option installed as well

From reading on here it's the most expensive yet as most say they pay around £200 plus vat

Any advice or help would be appreciated
I don't see the point of App Connect, suggest you don't bother and spend the money on getting out and about.

I don't see the point of App Connect, suggest you don't bother and spend the money on getting out and about.
Apart from letting you use the usual navigation/music/etc. apps from your phone, App Connect will read aloud your text messages from WhatsApp, and use the voice activated microphone to allow your spoken answers to be converted and sent as text.

Apart from letting you use the usual navigation/music/etc. apps from your phone, App Connect will read aloud your text messages from WhatsApp, and use the voice activated microphone to allow your spoken answers to be converted and sent as text.
Too many distractions in my opinion. I prefer to concentrate on the road, safety first - mine and other road users. If driving my phone is off.

Vw do not sell app connect with voice activated Per se, It is not a requirement for factory activation, therefore can see no reason why voice control would be required At a dealer, other than up selling by the dealer !
They came back and have halved the original quote

I think it works with Siri on iphone also

Back