App or SMS module for heaters?

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Is it possible to retrofit an SMS (GSM) or APP module on the cabin and/or the engine heater on a T6 (T5)?

I believe the Cabin is served by Eberspächer and the engine by Webasto. Not sure - my cali is in for some warranty workout, so I cant check. Called the Eberspächer customer centre in Denmark, but they were uncertain …

PS: I have seen the question covered before, but my fever infected brain does not comply with the search function today … please bare with me ;-)

I know that you can easily update a webasto but I am not informed on the eber. Don't see why its not feasible. :)

Look for telestart kit, I believe that is what you want.

I'm interested in using my mobile phone to activate the parking heater - has anyone managed to do this? (T6 Beach on order)

I've read stuff here & on the VW website about "VW connect" and the necessary "dfreeze" module but I can't find any threads on this forum that suggest that anyone's managed to get it working.

thanks!

I'm interested in using my mobile phone to activate the parking heater - has anyone managed to do this? (T6 Beach on order)

I've read stuff here & on the VW website about "VW connect" and the necessary "dfreeze" module but I can't find any threads on this forum that suggest that anyone's managed to get it working.

thanks!

I contacted VW regarding the Dfreeze option in VW connect app, basically you need to fit a Dfreeze see response below

1081CA2C-8D52-4B24-B769-67ACAE813768.png

Basically you need to install a Dfreeze kit and register in the app. Google search turns up the Dfreeze kit but cannot find anyone selling them !

https://www.vwconnect.com/en-gb/third-party-providers/

Not sur about the drilling of the roof mentioned in this video

https://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/pr...rofits/webasto-parking-heater-remote-upgrade/

I was looking for something to complement the existing set up Aux heater, I have the VW remote but wanted to. control it via a phone app ?
Excuse me for asking, but why?.
My heater remote has a range of over a mile in line of site. Even further in some instances, and no problem in an underground car park. So what advantage would phone activation have?
Also, some of the areas I frequent have very poor mobile phone service and the Heater Remote would probably work while the phone wouldn't.

Good afternoon,

I could imagine that an app to control the heater would be from advantage as an add on to the remote control.

An app might make it easier to program (start / end time) and adjust the level of heating. At the moment my heater starts always on level 7. If it is very cold that might be ok, but most of the time it is to high. Because of this I believe that a remote control would give more flexibility than just switch off / on.

Regards,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

I could imagine that an app to control the heater would be from advantage as an add on to the remote control.

An app might make it easier to program (start / end time) and adjust the level of heating. At the moment my heater starts always on level 7. If it is very cold that might be ok, but most of the time it is to high. Because of this I believe that a remote control would give more flexibility than just switch off / on.

Regards,
Eberhard
If you don't switch Off the Control Panel, and there is no need to do so, then the Remote Control will switch on the Parking Heater using the last used Temperature Setting. Switching the Control Panel Off/On resets this starting temperature to Level 7.

I have a T6 beach. My VW app settings state that I can start my parking heater from my phone. Has anyone ever done this?

Has anyone here actually done this though? and got it working?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's anything like the Car-Net app on the Golf GTE forget it! Only works about 25% of the time ...