Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

appconnect (again?)

johnv

johnv

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
apologies if this has been covered, I have tried the search ..
I have been trying to get appconnect working on my samsung galaxy 6 (android) .. I think I have all the necessary installed, however, when I connect the usb cable it just flashes the 'enable usb connetion' screen on the phone on and off, I don't get the chance to switch it on. The car screen stays on 'connect your device via usb cable'
Googling seems to suggest that I need to change the car from mirror link to android auto, but there is no option to do this
any clues? thanks!

Couldnt get hold of her but found this: Any use?

How to connect your phone to Android Auto
  1. Hit the menu button and select App-Connect, then pick Setup
  2. Change the preferred connection from MirrorLink to Android Auto and unselect “activate data transmission from VW Apps”
  3. Plug the USB cord into your car and into your device, if you haven’t already done so
  4. Press “Device List” and wait for your device to appear, then select your device
  5. The system will request you allow data to be transferred from you device. Select OK.

1. Change the preferred connection from MirrorLink to Android Auto and unselect “activate data transmission from VW Apps”
it won't let me do this (change to android auto) anywhere

Maybe a silly question, but do you have Android Auto installed on your phone?

It was the cable! I was using a prefectly good new cable that charges the phone fine, but it obviously had something missing in the data department .. an older one worked fine, it's sprung into life, thanks all

Back