Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet April Club Meet - Lower Lode Inn

Great Weekend and lots of nice people. Hopefully the BIG ISSUE with the substandard toilet and shower faclities will be addressed by the time the next meet comes around.

It was like a krypton factor puzzle that shower the pressure button plus combi boiler is quite a challenge hehe. Let go of the button for even a second and it was ice cold for about 60seconds. If you had three hands you'd be fine haha :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to have a hot shower sat and sun morning. The do feel sorry for the women as they had NO hot water at any point in the showers. Toilets had no hot water, no hand dryers, no mirror in gents.

Great weekend and a good initiation into the club - first couple of nights in our T6 Beach passed without a hiccup. Good to meet so many friendly people and enjoyed the Saturday night music too - looking forward to Weymouth in September now. Our two kids had a fab time and were both thoroughly exhausted by the time we got them home.

Thanks to the organising team for putting on a great meet - great venue and decent pub made up for the lack of some facilities - we'd def go again!

Hope they sort out the shower problem by time to the june meet ....
Or else Mrs. HC.is not gonna be :) but more like :( or :mad:

Just wanted to say many thanks to martin and family and kev for the organization involved in staging the whole weekend event. Sorry I didn't see you Sunday morning to bid you farewell Martin, I expect you were probably lounging in your room with ensuite facilities and preparing to tuck into a full English breakfast, not that I'm at all jealous but a great weekend and many thanks to Michael camping next to us who supplied boiling water for our tea as we'd forgotten gas bottle!!
Regards to all
Simon & Claire

Me and Mrs Snowy had a great time in a good location thank you again to the organisers.

The facilities were basic but adequate which didn't bother us, after all it is normally only £9 per night to stay they, Sunday night in Wales we paid £14 and then fed 20p coins into a meter for cold showers! It's a pub with camping don't hold your breath for any improvements by June.

There will be improvements they are already working on installing washing up facilities in time for June.:thumb

There will be improvements they are already working on installing washing up facilities in time for June.:thumb

Glad to hear , or else i leave it up to you to explain at Mrs.HC she has to shower cold:bananadance

;)

You will be able to swim in the river by June lol

If the men's have hot showers and the ladies don't I'll be in there in June. I'm not proud lol. Mrs Speleo

If the men's have hot showers and the ladies don't I'll be in there in June. I'm not proud lol. Mrs Speleo
Mrs T6 CFO uttered the same but you all may be safe unless VW go into overdrive and get building

Thanks to all who organised this event. We had a great weekend. Lovely site, even if the facilities were a bit basic. Saturday nights entertainment was fantastic. Great meeting such friendly people with the same interest. We have owned a Cali for three years plus now and still managed to get some new ideas.
Thank you.

DSC_3550.JPG

Great meet last weekend, sadly we only came for the day but met some lovely people. Looking forward to hopefully going back in June