Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are the Beach and Ocean upper beds exactly the same dimensions? - Answer is Yes!

aBusAndBeyond

aBusAndBeyond

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, just a quick question. We ordered a Duvalay mattress topper at the NEC show last weekend and they have sent dimensions for me to confirm. However, we don't have our Cali Ocean just yet. They only have plans of a Beach upper bed on system. I assume they are the same beds but can anybody confirm whether these are the correct dimensions for an Ocean (upstairs bed) without me going to the dealer (1 hour drive).

VW%20California%20Beach%20-%20Upper%20Bed.jpg

Thank you for your help

Well it should be.:thumb

I would say yes , never been on the top floor of a Beach though:D

I trust you've appreciated that you can't really 'top' a roof mattress without damaging the roof? You can replace the OE mattress, or go for a thinner one plus a thin topper, but you can't place anything on top of the standard mattress (other than a window blind or similar)..

Thanks for your replies. We will remove it when we lower the roof.
OK, buts that's a big lump to store in the van all day, and difficult to get up and down through the hatch.....for what most folks find to be an already comfortable bed. Those that don't tend to go for a thinner mattress and a zone sleep that can both be left in place.

Ok well we will try it and see how we get on. If we find it hard work we will probably replace the vw one with the duvalay one. We don't have children so I'm sure we can find somewhere to store it.

Hello ShaunG
Be sure you will never do it a second time. I can't see how it will work. The VW mattress is great and we never had any thought of replacing it.

I'll let you know how we get on.

So IS the matrass the same on both models ?....handy to know as it is the title of this tread on people might search for an answer
Has anybody confirmed?

I don't know, I gave in waiting for an answer and I've ordered it anyway in the hope it is. I'll tell you when it arrives.

We have just returned after borrowing a California for 5 days to try before ours arrives in the new year. The Duvalay mattress topper fitted perfectly, so yes the Beach upper bed is exactly the same as the Ocean and the mattress topper was easy to fit when we arrived on site and just as easy to take down when we were set to move on. We will definitely be using it every trip when we get our California.

Back