Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are the new control panels compatible?

AidanKP

AidanKP

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I have a T5 and my control panel is almost impossible to read these days so am looking to replace it but very much like the look of the new T6.1 one, so was wondering if I can just put one of those in. Does anyone know..?

I have a T5 and my control panel is almost impossible to read these days so am looking to replace it but very much like the look of the new T6.1 one, so was wondering if I can just put one of those in. Does anyone know..?
I very much doubt it. It’s a different size, it’s fitted differently, the surrounding trim is different and it has a number of different functions not found on the old Control Panel. Such an installation, if possible, would be extremely expensive. Probably 5 to 8 times the replacement cost of your present Control Panel.

I have the bottom third of my display gone in my 2008 t5 sounds a similar issue (it's just blank).

Has anyone ever had any luck with a fix or is this a new panel time, if needed. It's fine for now as it's just about usable

I have the bottom third of my display gone in my 2008 t5 sounds a similar issue (it's just blank).

Has anyone ever had any luck with a fix or is this a new panel time, if needed. It's fine for now as it's just about usable
Vertronics in Netherlands.
A number of Forum members have used them. Link in thread below.

Also the Forum Shop does sell refurbished units.

No way to change T5 control panel to T6.1, as WelshGas suggests try Vertronics, good reports on them previously on the forum.
Anyway there have been reports with the new T6.1 panel having problems!

Back