Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ariadne's new carpets from mrcarmats.com

Maud

Maud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Ariadne's new carpet mats are in and fit really well.

Although I planned to order carpets from QTM, they were out of stock of my chosen colour (truffle brown) for several weeks and I became impatient :embarrased

Thanks to Mucksmuff, who recommended mrcarmats, I placed an order on February 3rd, received emails instantly, payment taken and a fed-ex tracking code sent. They arrived safely on February 6th.

The fit is great, with only the middle runner gap being a wee bit wider than necessary in the central area (only about 2cm so no big deal). The price was good too, at £95 for the full set (three pieces front, centre and rear) including delivery. The piece for the central living area came with five pieces of velcro to stick the far outer strip down, avoiding it being flicked up by my foot when entering.

The only minor snag is that the connectors to attach the front piece to the floor (in the driver and passenger footwells) is in line with the original but is the wrong type. The carpets have the normal plastic ring with a letterbox-shaped slot in it, but when I came to put them in I realised that the original VW mats have a sort of snap-in connector which I haven't seen on a car before. Has it always been this way or is this a recent change? I will contact mrcarmats to let them know of the error, but it's not the biggest concern as I have just laid the new carpets on top of the original ones and the new ones have a rubbery back so hopefully won't slide or move at all anyway.

Here are some photos to show the colour and fit. Has anyone else gone for truffle brown carpets with a beige trim? The bottom photo shows the runner gaps covered by my choice of comfy-toes rug - a piece of vet bed - perfect for collecting all the dirt, leaves and debris from naughty paws :DIMG_2641.jpg IMG_2642.jpg IMG_2644.jpg

Those are too good to walk on, you need to put mats on top of them :thumb

BTW, Teddy needs a child seat :D

Yes, poor teddy, I told him today that really useful cali teddies have empty stomachs to stuff with carrier bags and hang from the hook on the wall - so he had better behave there on the back seat :D