Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ascot Grey or Candy White & Ascot Grey

Viktorgeorge

Viktorgeorge

Starlight Blue Ocean 4Mo MY2023 older bellows
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I recently ordered an Ascot Grey California, and can still make changes.

I am wondering whether to 'swallow' the extra cost of the two colour Candy white & Ascot Grey (I don't want to wrap afterwards).

I am in Suffolk (Felixstowe): does anyone nearby have either colour option I could look at with my wife?

Last edited:
Abusandbeyond YouTube channel you can see there new ascot grey in all its glory, looks very nice.

I have seen comments that Insurance costs more on two tone due to potential extra work if damaged.
Worth checking .

I am wondering whether to 'swallow' the extra cost of the two colour Candy white & Ascot Grey (I don't want to wrap afterwards).

I am in Suffolk (Felixstowe): does anyone nearby have either colour option I could look at with my wife?
@Viktorgeorge our Ascot Grey currently resides in Ipswich. I'm around most of next week if you'd like to pop over. PS I can't guarantee the van will be clean - I'm off up to Manchester for the weekend and the forecast isn't great....

I have an Ascot Grey in east London - you're welcome to stop by and see it. I love it, especially with the black bits of the sports pack, which costs less than 2-tone paint but you get the best OEM wheels.

Abusandbeyond YouTube channel you can see there new ascot grey in all its glory, looks very nice.
Thanks, 4x4 Joker, I also found this for the two tone:

but I really wanted to see a real vehicle with my wife.

I also have an Ascot Grey on order. I prefer the look of the two tone White/Grey, but not enough to fork out an extra £3k...
Thanks Vango, that is my quandry too.

I have an Ascot Grey in east London - you're welcome to stop by and see it. I love it, especially with the black bits of the sports pack, which costs less than 2-tone paint but you get the best OEM wheels.
Thanks Tim, Dassy1308 is even closer in Ipswich so better for me, but I appreciate your offer.

@Viktorgeorge our Ascot Grey currently resides in Ipswich. I'm around most of next week if you'd like to pop over. PS I can't guarantee the van will be clean - I'm off up to Manchester for the weekend and the forecast isn't great....
Thank you Dassy1308, I would like to take up your offer (with my wife) at a convenient time for you. I am new to the forum and, so far, cannot find a direct message option. Assuming there is one can you give me some contact information, or otherwise suggest how we make contact with each other?

Thank you Dassy1308, I would like to take up your offer (with my wife) at a convenient time for you. I am new to the forum and, so far, cannot find a direct message option. Assuming there is one can you give me some contact information, or otherwise suggest how we make contact with each other?
You can only direct message other paid up members. If you hover over their name, a 'start conversation' message appears at the bottom of the pop up. Replies to your conversation appear behind the envelope in the top right next to the bell.

I'm on Facebook as Alexander Das (I think there's only one with that name in Ipswich). Drop me a quick note on FB Messenger.

Dassy1308, I don't have any Facebook access, unfortunately. I found you (and your running records) on a web search but no contact route.

My wife and I would l really like to check out the external appearance of your ascot grey California anytime from Thursday onwards, at a time to suit you: and we would anyway rather it was as found rather than have you feel a need to wash it. Perhaps you could email me when convenient on ....?

Last edited:

Blythburgh with Ascot Grey bought Jan 21? Very nice colour. Couldn't see the point of spending more. You can see it dirty!

Blythburgh with Ascot Grey bought Jan 21? Very nice colour. Couldn't see the point of spending more. You can see it dirty!
Thanks, Chris. I think I've got once closer at Ipswich, but your offer is appreciated.

OK. Being on a budget, I just looked at the options I could afford if I went for standard paint.
Understood, it may seem silly but since my wife and I have never seen this colour in the real (lots of photos and videos) I want to make sure that when I turn up to collect I don't think "I wish I had chosen another colour".

Back