Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ascot Grey

K

Kernowboy

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Anyone got an Ascot Grey Cali yet? Love to see some phot’s, looks an interesting colour. And a no cost option.

In the photos it looks white edging towards magnolia. Are the free colours now just red (I love but a bit marmite) and ascot grey?

Anyone got an Ascot Grey Cali yet? Love to see some phot’s, looks an interesting colour. And a no cost option.
Saw one in the flesh at SMG Tonbridge yesterday. Martin said it will be the new showroom model, replacing the copper 2 tone that is now sold. I really liked it. I didn't realise what it was until I asked him. It almost looks like a special order colour, quite unusual. I was quite taken with it to be honest. As VW now charge £300 for white, trying to make a few bob from those that are wrapping the bottom half, I can see a shift towards people choosing the no cost Ascot and wrapping with a darker grey or a blue instead.

Saw one in the flesh at SMG Tonbridge yesterday. Martin said it will be the new showroom model, replacing the copper 2 tone that is now sold. I really liked it. I didn't realise what it was until I asked him. It almost looks like a special order colour, quite unusual. I was quite taken with it to be honest. As VW now charge £300 for white, trying to make a few bob from those that are wrapping the bottom half, I can see a shift towards people choosing the no cost Ascot and wrapping with a darker grey or a blue instead.
How would you describe the colour?

How would you describe the colour?
It seemed like one of those colours that looked different from different angles / lighting. It sounds unflattering to say a "dirty white" but I did like it. Not sure my pics help anyone, as they look different on my phone to what they do on my PC monitor. Looking at them on my monitor they look white, but I can see why someone would say there is a hint of magnolia in there.

20201011_123423.jpg

20201011_123624.jpg

Looks good. I saw a panel van in the ascot grey and liked it a lot, but it’s really hard to visualise with the windows, awning etc. The photos really help. Agree with you Stuart, it’s unusual in a good way. Salesman at another van centre, who didn’t have anything in the colour to view, described it as ‘a very modern colour for a van’. Which I thought was pretty naff at the time but I can sort of see where he’s coming from.

It looks good. I think it would respond well to the black detailing used on the edition versions. It looks on-trend rather than 'cheap'.

It looks good. I think it would respond well to the black detailing used on the edition versions. It looks on-trend rather than 'cheap'.
Agree, it didn't look cheap to me.

Actually looks white in that picture,but if it was next to white it definitely wouldn’t

Is it a bit like the mini?
Screenshot_20201011_221028.jpg

Ordered Ascot grey ocean a couple of weeks ago after seeing a van in the showroom in the colour. We really liked it. Off white colour. Super happy about this free colour choice.

Ah lovely. Hope you’re enjoying it.

I have to admit the ascot grey is my wife’s choice and perhaps I wouldn’t have been so brave/daring/maverick on a new colour.

Then again, I can’t pick a sandwich at Pret for FOMO... and choosing a colour was dragging on!

She has good taste and I think it will be great. It’s very similar to Porsche crayon grey.

If you look on the T6.1 two tone thread theres a photo showing a half ascot grey / half white van that highlights the difference

I've stood next to a Cali in that color and it sure looked nice !
Would be a color i would prefer if buying now .

I've stood next to a Cali in that color and it sure looked nice !
Would be a color i would prefer if buying now .
Agree. Awesome with Sports Pack and black alloys. Think I prefer it now to my forthcoming two tone but I’m sure I’ll still love it :)

Hmmm Im split 50/50 - couldnt make up my mind (no surprize there!) so opted for the safe Mojave - think it definitely needs to be seen in the flesh first!

Found this wonderfully shot Two-tone Ascot Grey German Video on YouTube.

Looks really nice!

Yes it does look very smart just not sure Id want to pay the almost £3k for 2 tone option.