Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ashbourne in Winter

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Can anyone suggest a stopover near Ashbourne that will be open this weekend? I can't find anywhere that is open. Not really bothered what it is - campsite, pub or even a recommended wild spot?

Thanks,

Dave

Look at UK Campsites website there are a couple of independents and some CL's and CS's listed as open all year

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
How close to Ashbourne do you need it?
There are a few pubs with campsites on the A515 further towards Buxton

• Thanks
Duke of York or bull in t' thorn. Both on a515. Stayed at both, recommend duke of York more. Heated facilities!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Thanks
How close to Ashbourne do you need it?
There are a few pubs with campsites on the A515 further towards Buxton

Duke of York or bull in t' thorn. Both on a515. Stayed at both, recommend duke of York more. Heated facilities!

:thanks @briwy and @OrangeColin . Ideally not too much further towards Buxton as we'll be approaching Ashbourne from the South East.

Actually - I found a great resource for pub stopovers on the wildcamping website. I'm sure it has been noted on here before. But just in case it hasn't.

http://wildcamping.moonfruit.com/pub-stopovers/4563550207

Last edited:
ll.
We've booked to stay at http://upperhurstfarm.com/ this weekend which isn't too far away from Ashbourne - bit pricey though, but not much choice in winter!

Ouch - you're right. an extra £1 per night for a dog as well.upload_2017-2-17_11-8-37.png

Much appreciate everybody's input on this- but aparently Mrs DM and I have been talking at cross purposes and we're going to Oxfordshire instead o_O .

Enjoy Derbyshire @MrNick